Biological Or Adopted?

"Why are we here?" Loki asked, staring up at the bright blue sky.

"I thought we could spend some time alone, away from every prying eyes." Ember smiled, twisting a lock of his hair around her finger.

Loki turned his face and smiled at her. "Well now we are alone and," he brushed his fingers over the freckled nose and red lips, "no one's watching. What's your plan?"

Ember smirked, skimming her thumbs over his jaws, bringing her face close to his.

Too close.

Loki gulped, leaning further towards her. He had missed the chance before but not now.

"Don't be impatient, snowman." She whispered huskily, her breathy words caressing his lips. "You'll get what you desire."

His breath turned shallow as her thumb brushed over his lips.

Ember smiled, as if she knew what she was doing to him. She placed her hand on his chest, just over his racing heart and tsk'd.

"Your heart's galloping, so loud..." She purred, fluttering her thick long lashes. "Weren't you supposed to be a heartless uncaring Jotun?"

Loki clenched his jaws, unable to hold himself back from crashing his lips on hers any longer.

The soft green grass beneath them, tickled his ear and the sun seemed too hot now.

"Don't tease me." He gritted out.

"You wanna kiss me?" Ember grinned mischievously. "You have to win me first."

She pushed herself away from him and with a grin, rolled some distance away. "C'mon." She winked, a smirk tugging at her lips. "Catch me."

Loki grunted, annoyed and overwhelming with needs. He followed her suit, rolling over to her and fell down with a dull thud.

He opened his eyes and sat up, groaning as he rubbed the bump on the back of his head.

It was still night, dark and cold.

Loki stood up and scowled. "Damn it! What's the matter with me? Why am I always thinking about kissing her?" He clenched his head and groaned loudly. "She has plagued my mind! That wretched girl!"

He stepped inside the bathroom and splashed some cold water on his face, trying to wipe away the pinkish tint from his warm face.

"Listen very well Loki, get it in your head." He hissed at his reflection, glaring at the mirror. "Don't try anything that would ruin your friendship. That girl is taken and you won't even want her! It's just some infatuation! Like Candy's!"

After lecturing himself for more than ten minutes about how he's behaving like a creep and it's not the manner of a gentleman, leave alone of a prince and that he should stay away from relationships.

"I need a cup of tea." He grumbled, walking out of his room. "Or maybe strangle the reason of my sleepless night in her sleep."

Scratching his head he made his way towards the stairs, turning around the corner but stopped dead in his track.

At the foot of the stairs was a shirtless Steve and Ember in his arms.

"Steve?" Loki frowned.

Steve climbed the stairs and stopped beside Loki who looked at him and then at the sleeping figure in the Captain's arms.

"What happened?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Steve whispered angrily. "I went into the kitchen only to find her chopping bananas when the one who's supposed to take care of her was busy sleeping."