"Who knows, but they want them and they're not being subtle about it, which makes lingering here dangerous. We'll move Eren and Historia to Trost." Most people raised questions about the choice of Trost but Levi soon explained his reasoning. "Heading towards the interior would be worse, with Trost in a panic it should be easy to slip in and if things do go all to hell, we can use these in the city." Levi said as he displayed his ODM gear.

"We don't know the identity of our enemy yet, I have an idea of how we can change that. Hange, I need you to lend me some of your squad." The captain instructed.

"No problem, all right, I'm going after commander Erwin, Moblit's with me, the rest of you will go with Levi." The section commander ordered. Before the scientist could leave, Eren handed them a piece of paper that he said contained a conversation he had overheard from Ymir and Bertholdt. Hange gave a swift nod before leaving the scene on horseback.

.
.
.

The squads soon made their way into Trost, where there seemed to be some sort of festival in process. "Why's the royal flag everywhere?" Connie asked.

"Today marks the anniversary of the kings coronation, once a year they hand out extra food to celebrate it." Sasha answered the boy. Soon, some MPs stood at centre stage and announce to Trost that the king will be donating most the reserves.

"All that food and he's giving it away?" Sasha said.

"It's not as though he needs it all, easier to control people when they're not starving." Levi replied.

"Besides, at a time like this the king wants to improve public opinions about the government and its military. Especially after what happened in wall rose." The ghoul included.

The squad continued to walk with in the market until the ghoul heard a cart heading straight towards them, Kaya quickly noted that the ones driving the cart couldn't have been very well trained since their method was so amateur. "Behind us!" The ghoul warned.

As expected, the decoys came in useful, both Armin and Jean's disguises work and they were pulled into the speeding cart. However, what the squad didn't expect was that Kaya would also get taken captive. Unforeseeably, the kidnappers grabbed ahold of her backpack and dragged her into the moving cart. Armin and Jean's eyes widened when they saw the thief get thrown beside them, Kaya decided it would be best to continue with the plan until Eren and Historia were at a safe distance.

Yet, even though the scout tried to believe she was captured because of her underground reputation, she couldn't shake the thought of people knowing she was a ghoul. Surely they didn't take her because she used to be a thief, that's too small of a crime.

Some time passed before she got tied to a chair next to the two boys, the ghoul didn't hesitate to quickly get rid of her restraints and put her hands behind her back before their captor suspected her. The ghouls achievement didn't last long because as soon as she looked up, disgust took over her face. Armin was being pawed at. Kaya tried her hardest to tune out the revolting words of the kidnapper but her efforts were deemed fruitless when Armin turned and looked at them. His tearful eyes made contact with theirs and Jean turned away from the scene.

The amber eyed soldier assessed the situation and knew Armin's disguise would be seen through sooner or later, so she tried to save him from the situation while she could. "Hey asshole, get your hands off of her." Kaya said in a threatening tone.

"Huh, don't get jealous, you'll have your turn too." The man toyed, Kaya glared at him before forming a response.

"I'm feeling nice today, hence you'll get one final warning before I cut your hands clean from your wrists. Don't worry, it won't be painful, for me at least." She smirked.

"Haha, I like it when they're feisty." He said with outstretched arms towards her, inching closer by the second.

The ghoul sneakily took her knife from its holster and waited until he got in close proximity. As soon as the opportunity came, the thief took her arms from behind her back and sliced a few of the kidnappers fingers off. Kaya quickly got up from her seat and sent a knee towards his crotch, as payment for what he did to Armin.

"Well, are you satisfied with a few missing fingers or would you have preferred the whole hand? I guess if you're feeling up to it, then the deals still on." Kaya said as she stepped onto the mans wrist, holding it in place and beginning to motion her knife towards it.

"No no! HELP HEL-" Their capturer began to scream until he was cut off by the ghoul placing a cloth into his mouth.

"Easy now, don't want you calling for backup just yet." Stated the ghoul.

Mikasa suddenly burst through the window, prepared to fight until she saw the situation in front of her. The thief frowned and looked at the disgusting man below her. "Looks like it's your lucky day. Mikasa, what's Levi's orders?" Kaya quickly inquired.

"We wait for his employers and get them out of the program, Connie and Sasha are on the roof as backup." Mikasa replied before looking above towards the other two scouts for confirmation. "Act like we were never here for now and we'll catch them off guard." The ravenette demanded.

Kaya nodded her head and dragged the unconscious body behind a few crates, before tying ropes around its arms and legs. Her next move was to sit back into her seat and relax, listening for the bosses to arrive.

"Thank you, ma'am." Armin stuttered. Kaya turned her attention towards the two boys who she somewhat forgot observed her villainous attitude.

"No worries, guess I got a bit carried away with that guy." She said with her hand on the back of her neck.

"All the crap he put Armin through, hell he deserved it." Jean stated.

Kaya smiled at their understanding and put her hands behind her back, she had heard the other kidnappers a while away and needed to wait for Connie and Sasha to alert them. "Everyone get into positions, they're here." Connie shouted from the roof.

The scouts hid where as the three kidnapped squad members stayed put, awaiting the enemy to walk through the door. Their heads lifted and looked in the direction of 4 men walking through the door. "You sure about this? These are the ones we're looking for?" A merchant asked.

"Yeah, they fit the descriptions perfectly." One answered.

"Huh, where's the guard?" Another questioned.

Mikasa quickly cut him short and swung straight into his face, knocking him to the ground instantly. She took out another which then caused the rest of the men to bring out their guns. Before they could even pull the trigger, Kaya and Mikasa leaped forwards, Mikasa kicked a younger man causing him to spin midair. Where as Kaya had to dodge a bullet and bring her fist towards the bosses face, sending him into a wall on impact.

The ravenette grabbed the merchant and pinned him onto the floor, she didn't realise he had a hidden gun in his jacket until an arrow hit directly inside the gun. "Move again and you won't like where the next shot hits." Sasha warned.

"All right, first we get these guys secured, then we meet up with the captain." Mikasa relayed the orders Levi gave her.

"What do you mean?" Connie asked.

"Those are his orders, he left a message too. As of now, it's not just titans, we're fighting humans too." She explained to the squad.

Kaya was about to add to her statement until she heard shots fire from a distance, without thinking, she used her gear and swiftly flew towards the scene. The thief couldn't get rid off the feeling that she was kidnapped because she was a ghoul, no one in the walls knew about her species, did they?