32~The Bullshit

I was beginning to realise that sex with Cate would always be amazing, and it wasn't just the sex that was the best part. It was the anticipation leading up to it, that whole day, after the incident with her children, Cate had been doing nothing but teasing me.

With touches that lingered that second longer, the suggestive glances she'd send me or the way she'd find places to trap me in and whisper the most scandalous of things.

I've said this before, I'm not a prude. But Cate was something else, I'd never been so turned on but so embarrassed in my whole life. The fact that Cate could reduce me to this pathetic and extremely needy state was unexpected. However, I craved it.

The kids couldn't leave soon enough, I was practically shoving them out the door by the time it was time for them to leave. Cate had said her goodbyes and then proceeded to mysteriously disappear upstairs.

Edith had been reluctant to go, she wanted to stay over and be with Cate and I just a little longer, as much as I would have loved that I had a feeling that whatever would take place tonight had nothing to do with little Edith.

"I know, honey," I'd said to her, another huge tear rolled down her reddening cheek, I was also beginning to understand that when Edith didn't get her own way she could throw quite the tantrums, "I know," I murmured again, "but you can come back anytime, my love," I'd told her, smoothing her bouncy curls and then hugging her a last time before handing her to Dashiell who had seemed to have taken a liking to me.

Waving had felt like the most tedious thing when I knew Cat was somewhere upstairs waiting for me with who knows what.

I'd practically slammed the door before speeding up the stairs to Cate's- Our bedroom. She was there of course, her body displayed like she was in some sort of old painting, she looked beautiful. Something of art and elegance. I wanted all of her.

~

"Wanna go again?" Cate panted slightly, her mouth moving against my bare shoulder. My lips were painfully swollen but I basked in the feeling, knowing the reason had been the woman I loved. I was lay on my back, in our bed, one of my arms rested around Cate's waist while the other gripped one of her legs.

I laughed, knowing that both of us were completely worn out. "I think we'd die from overexertion before we could even lift a hand," I joked, tracing patterns into her bare hip with my fingers. She sighed, contently, she lay on her side facing me. She had her eyes closed and every now and then she'd press kisses along my shoulder.

Words didn't seem to be necessary as a comfortable silence settled. The room smelled of her, the sheets smelled of her, I'm pretty sure even I smelled of her. We were happy, together and that's all that seemed to matter in our small world.

Suddenly, she broke the silence, "do you think we'll get married?" Her question gave me quite a shock, I hadn't expected her to ask something like that. The topic of marriage had never been a favourite of mine and not because of reasons like my mother's marriage didn't work out, it was because I was scared of one day loving someone to the point of wanting to spend the rest of my life with them.

For awhile commitment scared me, but lay here now with Cate actually thinking about it. I wanted nothing more. "Yes," I found myself saying confidently, "I'd want nothing more," I echoed my thoughts aloud, making it known to Cate just how much this meant to me.

I could feel her smile against the skin of my shoulder, "let's do it then, it doesn't have to be anything big, we could just take a trip anywhere and get married in some small chapel. Nothing too fancy," I loved how she seemed to know me so well. 

I laughed before turning, pushing myself into her chest, "that was a lousy proposal," I whispered, watching as she opened her eyes and grinned like a little kid. 

"I'd like to see you try," she teased before surging forward to catch my lips in a beautiful kiss.

I cleared my throat, deciding to humour this gorgeous woman and show her how a proper proposal should be carried out. "Catherine Elise B-"

And just like that the moment was shattered, my phone rang, a shrill tone, distorting the moment we were having. I closed my eyes and groaned, only imagining who it could be. Maybe Jasper, or my mother, or maybe Hayleigh to make fun of me. Which reminded me, I really should tell Cate about the newspaper thing.

"Hello," I mumbled into the phone, Cate chuckled and placed soft kisses all the way up my chest, stopping to look up at me and listen to the conversation.

"Thalia, I just thought you should know," Jasper's voice came through the phone, he sounded nervous almost, worried about something. "The article is out, I think it's best if you show Cate before she gets hold of it herself, it's really not good. Half the things in it aren't at all what you said, it's bullshit,"

Speaking of that newspaper thing, I swore softly before thanking Jasper profusely and ending the call. Without saying much more I hopped up from the bed and went searching in Cate's closet for some clothes, Cate got up and followed behind me as I pottered about.

"Thalia? Where are you going?" She asked, grabbing a blanket from the bed and wrapping it around her naked form as I pulled on some of her clothes. 

"I need to run down to the shop and get something, I'll be back in two minutes I promise, I'll get you some breakfast while I'm there too," I told her, tying the lace of a pair of trainers that were slightly too big for me before shoving my phone in the pocket of the coat I'd borrowed.

Cate's brows were furrowed as she watched me, utterly confused at the whole situation, I would be too but I had to make sure I was the first one to show her the article, before some idiot came and delivered it straight to the house.

"I'll be back before you know it, I promise, can I take your car, honey?" I asked her, waiting as she ran to her coat which was hung up in the closet and retrieved her keys before throwing them to me. I was happy she hadn't questioned me further, she trusted me and believed me. 

I could only hope she'd react the same towards the bad news I'd have to give her.

--

Hello! Don't attack me, pleasee!!! I decided to rewrite, I'm clearly not the best at making and sticking to decisions so I mean enjoy more chapters I guess pahaha. I do have a direction now so I mean, there will be a few more chapters. Sorry and enjoy!