29~The Eyes, The Face

I ran my hand through the warm water in the bath, it was a nice temperature. I bit my lip as Cate entered the bathroom, running a hand through her hair and smiling warmly at me as she came in. God, had I said I loved her smile? The way her eyes would light up when she did so.

She came over to me, leaning over me and dipping her hand into the water before wiping her hand on her bathrobe and kissing the top of my head. 

I sat on the bath mat which lay on the floor just beside the bathtub. My heart rate picked up slightly as Cate walked over to the mirror and smoothed a hand over her cheek, pulling her supple skin back as if there was some sort of imperfection.

I frowned, instantly disliking the fact that she believed there was nothing more than beauty on her face. I rapidly pushed myself up from the floor, my sudden movement dragged Cate's gaze from her own face to me.

She watched through the mirror, her eyes wide as she watched me approach her. She looked guilty, as if she'd been caught doing something she shouldn't have. 

Smiling softly, I wrapped my arms around her middle and pressed myself against her from behind. "You're beautiful," I whispered as I tilted my head up to kiss her shoulder, my eyes never left hers I wanted her to know that I was being fully honest.

I wanted her to know that every bone in my body believed that statement to no end. Nothing would make me see her differently. "Thank you, darling," she said, her eyes flitting down to the sink, running her fingers over the marble of the counter. "now how about that bath?" 

I knew that I hadn't exactly quelled her growing anxiety but I had every intention of making her see herself the way I did. 

However, instead of proceeding to tell her how beautiful she was I was overcome by my own anxieties. 

Being with Cate was everything I'd ever wanted, even if at times I didn't know that, but settling into this dynamic with her was going to be difficult. We both knew that, but in order to settle I had to leave my comfort zone, but I never said it'd be easy.

"Y-yeah, sure," I shrugged and pulled my arms from around her waist, looking down at my feet and pulled the bathrobe Cate had given me, it smelled of her and brought me great comfort.

Cate must have heard the hesitation in my voice because I felt her eyes on me before I felt her touch, her hands cupped my face, gently tilting it up so I could meet her eyes. "Are you sure, Thalia?" She asked me, her eyes searching for even the slightest hint that I didn't want anything to do with her. 

I took a deep breath and with it I steeled my nerves, I wanted to be confident for her, I wanted to show her that she was one of the few things I truly wanted. I nodded, almost stiffly and I'm sure Cate knew that I wasn't exactly 100% but she respected that I wanted to at least try and let myself be vulnerable around her.

Without much more encouragement Cate brought her face closer to mine. God, her lips, I dreamed that I would never kiss lips softer. Every time my lips touched her own I felt completed, nothing else seemed to matter but us in that moment.

Before I even knew it we were submerged in the water, it was just the perfect temperature and it seemed even better that I was pressed against Cate in the most beautiful of ways, in the most perfect of displays.

It was when Cate rubbed across my shoulders, her hands massaging every part of me as she rubbed soap into my skin. It was as she whispered how beautiful I was and how lucky she was to have met me. It was as she connected our lips and dragged me out of the bath and into her bedroom.

In that moment, when Cate sat me down on the bed and sat beside me, pulling me into her and burying her head into my neck, inhaling slightly.

"Have you ever been with a woman, Thalia?" Her deep voice sent chills rocketing up my spine. I picked at the skin of my nails, the drunken haze her touch had created clearing slightly at her question, throwing me off guard.

She waited patiently, moving her head away from my neck to look at me, genuine interest flashing in those blue eyes of her.

The truth was I'd never been with a woman, I'd never been with anyone, period. I'd never wanted to be with anyone, then she came along and I hadn't wanted anything more than to be with her. Nothing else mattered. 

"No," the word came out quietly, my eyes looking down at the polished wooden floor of her bedroom.

"Ah," she said simply and then smiled mischievously at me. "Would you like to be with a woman?" And she quirked a perfect eyebrow and smiled deviously at me.

And it was then something within me snapped like a rubber band, which had been stretched too far. Something in me told me that this moment between us was inevitable, set in stone. Something meant to be.

I wanted to feel her against me forever, it was so euphoric that I didn't want to part in fear that I'd never feel something like it ever again. Connected, in ways I hadn't ever imagined. Taken to heights I hadn't ever even been to.

"I'm going to show you just how pleasant being with a woman can be," she murmured, her voice dark and thick with desire, she came closer to my ear to place a sensual kiss just below it. 

After that it was bliss, complete pleasure, unlike any pleasure I'd felt before. It was nothing at all like the films I'd watched or the stories I'd read about, it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever felt. Intimate, sacred and entirely perfect.

All that mattered to me was her. Her beautiful eyes that sparkled and glowed, her face which expressed emotions I could only describe as ethereal. Because she was truly goddess-like.

And in that moment, in that last glorious moment with Cate, where nothing could be wrong. I let go of all my inhibitions, all my worries and barriers. In this moment I was hers and she was mine and I could only hope it'd last forever.