Chapter 13

* Anne *

We sat down on the couch , looking at my aunt Dean's and my uncle Bill's huge big screen t.v. The Ravens were playing , but I wasn't really paying attention. I was watching the hot guy on the sidelines eat a hot dog . Not hotter then Alek , hell no , but just hot enough to get my attention . Speaking of Alek , I was sitting on him . Using him as a seat cushion . 

" I'm going to go take a walk . " I announced , getting up .

" Should we care ? " my cousin, Jimmy said .

I smacked him on the back of the head as I walked out .

" Yes . Yes you should . " I said , walking out past the pool .

My aunt and uncle's house was in Baltimore right on the water . I liked the small beach they had outside of thier house . It offered me shelter from my family's " craziness " . I stood there watching the setting sun and felt arms around me . 

" You really shouldn't leave normal people alone with your family . " Alek chuckled .

I rolled my eyes and leaned my head back against his shoulder , placing my hands ontop of his that were wrapped around my waist .

" It's so peaceful out here . " he murmered into my ear .

I nodded  , closing my eyes . 

" Yeah , I know . It's almost as if ------ " I was cut off by his phone ringing .

" I'm sorry , love , let me get that . " he said , reaching into his pocket as he answered his phone and pulled away .

" Hello ? " he asked .

...........

" Kathleen ? " he asked once more .

After more talking , I decided to walk back inside and leave him to talk to his friend .  I had just taken a seat when Alek walked in and grabbed his jacket . 

" Where are you going ? " I asked, crossing my arms .

" My friend is coming back to Rosedale tonight and I was going to meet her at her house when she got back from the airport . " he said .

" Mind if I come ? " I asked curiously .

He smiled, shaking his head .

" Of course not . I would love for you to come and meet her . " he said , wrapping his arm around my waist as we walked out and got to his car . 

On the way , we picked up James and Kendall and drove down by Baltimore to Rosedale . We got there at a nice house just in time to see a beautiful girl getting out of the car . When she saw Alek , her eyes lit up as if it were Christmas morning and she'd just seen the biggest present ever . she was fairly prettty with long dark hair and dark eyes . She got out and ran over , pulling Alek into a tight hug .

" You're here . " she exclaimed .

Alek chuckled .

" I'm here . " he replied.

Kendall wrapped an arm around my waist and I looked up at him with a smile , seeing how happy Alek was right now .

" We're here too ! Some hello we get ! " Kendall muttered sarcastically .

As if for the first time , the girl looked over at us and took us in , her eyes stopping when she got to me , with something of .... happiness .

" I'm glad you're here , Kendall , who's your girlfriend ? " she asked with a smile .

I gave a short dry laugh and Kendall and James burst out laughing .

" She's not MY girlfriend ." Kendall said after a moment .

She looked at us with confusion and I decided it might be time to introduce myself . I stepped forward and extended my hand to her .

"  I'm Annie . " I said with a small smile , as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and Alek wrapped his arms around my waist .

Suddnely the girl's expression melted into something like horror , anger, envy , and pain . I did not know why , but I took a few steps back , giving her some room . Her gaze turned from curious to judgemental and I suddenly felt very uncomfortable .

" I'm Kathleen . " she said ,shaking my hand before snatching it back as if I'd burned her .

I didn't like where this was going and so I pushed passed Alek shooting him a " Some friend she is " look before ramming my shoulder into his as I picked up my speed and ran away from them all . I found myself sitting on a bench in a nearby park when suddenly someone sat down beside me . 

" He didn't tell you , did he , Anne ? " Kendall suddenly asked.

I looked up at him in surprise. I though Alek had told me everything .

" Tell me what ? " I asked , confused .

" Alek used to be in love with Kathleen. Or at least he thought he was . They were best friends but Kathleen found someone else . " Kendall explained.

Tears formed in my eyes but refused to fall as Kendall pulled me into a hug .

" I'm sorry ." he whispered .

" Kendall , can you take me home ? " I asked , clearing my throat .

He nodded .

" Sure . " he said .

We got up to go and saw James watching us intently .

" I think I'll tag along with you two . " he said rather suspiciously .

Surely nothing was going on between Kendall and I ..... right ?