Chapter 5

* Anne *

The next day , I woke up and even though I knew I shouldn't , I made my way over to the window and saw Alek in the front yard fixing something in the yard . I don't know why , but I found myself smiling . As if he knew I was watching him , Alek turned around amused and gave me a wave and a wink . I blushed bright red and was about to close the window when I heard him call my name .

" Hey , Annie ! " he said .

I turned back around and smiled with a wave of my own . 

" Hiya . " I said .

" Do you think maybe you could show me where the hardware store around here is ? " he asked , scratching the back of his head .

I smiled , happy to have the operntuinity to help him out .

" Yeah , sure . Let me just change . " I said and closed the window , pulling the curtains closed as I ran to the closet and threw on skinny jeans and a tank top with flip flips , running downstairs and out the door without another word .

I got down there and jogged across the street , stopping right in front of Alek . 

" Alright , I'm ready when you are . " I smiled . 

He chuckled . 

" I see that . " he said , wiping his hands on his  pants .

" Uh , we can walk to the store . If you don't mind , that is . " I said ,crossing my arms .

He shook his head .

" I don't mind . Come on . " he said as we started walking out of the nieghborhood .

" You know , this is actually a fairly nice neighborhood . " he said suddenly .

I rolled my eyes .

" Fairly ? We're pretty damn nice . "

 He chuckled and put his hands up in surrender . 

" Alright , alright . Pretty damn nice . "

I nodded and we got to the hardware store . Once he found what he was looking for , he paid for it and we started walking back to our nieghborhood . I nudged him playfully and he chuckled , throwing an arm around my shoulder gently . I looked up at him and he looked down at me and then he suddenly brushed a stray hair from my face and paused , looking at me a moment longer .  I cleared my throat and looked down with a blush .I wasn't watching where I was going and tripped , but just before I hit the ground , Alek  caught me easily in a low dip so that my dark hair brushed against the ground , but I didn't . I gulped , looking up at him surprised and he smiled . He bent down a little closer to me for a moment and my heart fluttered , wanting him to kiss me . He was possibly about to when someone interupted us . 

"  Hey , Annie ! " Matt exclaimed .

I shot him a deadly glare and Alek stood me back up awkwardly .I looked at him with a sad expression and he looked at me as if to say " Next time " . I smirked , seeing that and turned around to see Matt and Blake . 

" What ? " I asked crossing my arms . 

Blake looked back and forth at Alek and I with a smirk .

" I believe we were interupting something , Matty . " he said .

I blushed deep red and Alek just cocked an eyebrow , playing it cool .

" What ? " Matt asked .

Poor Matt . He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box .

" Are you going to the bon fire ? "  Blake asked .

I rolled my eyes . 

" Don't I go EVERY year ? EVERY year down on the hill ? "

" Well ... yeah , I guess . " Blake muttered .

I sighed .

" Idiot . " I muttered .

Matt and Alek chuckled and then Matt looked over at him.

" How about you ? Are you going ? " Matt asked Alek . 

Alek shrugged .

" I wasn't invited . "

Matt and Blake burst out laughing and Alek scratched his head .

" Am I missing something ? " Alek asked .

I rolled my eyes .

" It's implied . Don't worry , I'm officailly inviting you . " 

He chuckled . 

" Why thank you , Miss Barrett. "

I nodded .

" No problem . " I said with a smile .

" Something wierd is going on here . Annie is being nice . " Matt said . 

Blake nudged him .

" I guess it just took the right person to melt her icey heart . " he chuckled .

Alek and I looked at eachother and then I pulled my gaze from his and looked down . 

" I should go . " I muttered , deeply embarressed as I started to walk away .

I felt someone grabbing onto my hand and I knew it was Alek . 

" I'm still waiting for the rest of that tour . " he smiled .

I ran a hand through my hair with a small smile .

" Name a place and time .  " I said , with a wink and pulled my hand away , jogging home without another glance back , but I could feel his eyes on my back as I did .