Chapter 3

* Anne *

I guess I'd taken a nap because I woke up to my mother calling my name and Pooka licking my hand . I got up with a groan and slid down the stairs . 

" What ? " I asked , crossing my arms as I walked into the kitchen and froze seeing Kendal and James . 

" Have you met Kendal and James ? " my mother asked as if it was nothing .

I cleared my throat and nodded . 

" Mmmhmm . What are they doing here anyways ? Last time I checked , they lived across the street . " I said , leaning in the doorway .

My mother shot me a glare . 

" I appologize for Annie . She can be ... difficult . " my mother said.

I pushed passed them and grabbed a glass of apple juice .

" I think she's rather interesting . " James said , giving me a small smile.

I gave him an " Oh really ? " look and rolled my eyes , walking back to my place int he doorway .

" I invited Kendal and James over for diner . " my mother said .

My jaw dropped .

" Seriously ? "

" Yeah , I think it'd be a good idea to get to know our new nieghboors ." my mother said .

Kendal chuckled .

" Mrs.Barrett , we actually have one more roomate . " he said .

My mother's smile only widened .

" The more the merrier . Isn't that right, Anne ? " she said , glancing over at me .

" Even better . " I said sarcastically .

" Wonderful ! Thank you for inviting us into your lovely home . " James smiled even wider .

" Lovely as in better then yours ." I muttered ,walking out of the room . 

" Where are you going ?! " my mother called after me .

" Will's ! " I called over my shoulder with a roll my eyes .

She sighed . 

" Be back before diner ! " she called .

I nodded . 

" I don't have a choice , remember  ?! " I said , walking out the door .

I hadn't realized that Pooka had gotten out and had run out across the street . I gasped as I saw a car coming fast around the corner and knew that Pooka probably wouldn't make it . I started running towards him, not really knowing what I was going to be able to do about it . Just before the car hit Pooka , I saw someone dart out in front of the car and grab my dog , jogging safely with him to the other side of the road . The car saw that the cul-de-sac was a dead end and when they went to turn around , I ran up to thier car . 

" Who the hell do you think you are?! What do you think you were doing , huh ?! This is a nieghboorhood , not a speedway ! " I yelled at them . 

 The guys in the front rolled down the window and looked me over . 

" Hey , baby . " the one driving said, looking me over .

I shot him a death glare .

" Excuse you , you pigheaded nancy-boy hair gel wearing ass , I asked you a question .  This is a development ! Get the hell out . " I hissed .

He looked me over once again . 

" The only type of development I see hear is ----- " he was cut off by someone clearing thier throat .