Chapter 12

* Stephen *

" You need to stay away from Anne ! " I hissed , crossing my arms .

Just then Alek appeared at the door next to the others and gave me a glare . 

" I don't think so , mutt . As long as she'll have me , I'll be here . Right by her side . " Alek snapped .

I growled . 

" LOOK ! I'm not going to have you screwing this up for me . "

" From the sound of things , you've already done that yourself . " Alek winked and closed the door in my face .

* Anne *

I clutched the blanket with my fingers , pulling myself to an upright position , gasping for air . My eyes tried to focus , but all I kept seeing were the sinister things from my nightmare . I looked over and saw my window open , the curtains billowing out in the breeze . I sighed , running a hand through my dark hair as I walked over to shut it . 

" Are you alright ? " asked a gentle voice from behind me .

I jumped and almost let out another blood curdling scream , but stopped before I could once I saw it was only Alek . I nodded as he had me in his arms in a flash and I wrapped my arms around him .

" Nightmares . " I murmered .

" Nightmares ? " he asked .

I nodded .

" About what ? " he asked .

" Wolves . " I choked out .

Alek froze for a moment and I looked up at his , curious about his sudden position .

" Are YOU alright ? " I asked him .

He waited a moment and then nodded . 

" I'm fine . " he said , brushing a stray hair out of my face . 

I sighed and looked down awkwardly .

" The window ? Really ? Isn't that a little cliche' ? " I asked sarcastically , with a smirk .

Alek rolled his eyes .

" I heard you screaming . I would've figured out a way to get in here . " he admitted .

I put a hand on his cheek and brought his face down to mine gently , kissing him . He smiled into the kiss and I tugged him over the bed , laying back down on it . Alek looked at me hesitantly until I patted the place besides me .

" Are you sure this is a good idea ? " he asked , cautiously .

" This is the 21st century . " I said , rolling my eyes .

He sighed , sliding into the bed next to me as I rolled over and put my head on his chest .

" New teddy bear alert . " I smirked .

He chuckled .

" Teddy bear ? In case you haven't forgotten darling , I'm a vampire . " he said .

I sighed contently . 

" I haven't forgotten . I just don't think I care . " I said , closing my eyes .

Alek stroked my hair gently .

"  I love you. " he said , kissing my forehead .

" Good because tomarrow is Game Day . " I said , not opening my eyes .

Alek paused .

" Game Day ? " he asked .

" Yeah . The Superbowl . The Baltimore Ravens v.s the 49ers and guess who gets to meet the family ! " I joked .

" You're kidding ." he said , clearing his throat .

" Nope , but you're gonna wish I was . " I said with a smirk as I turned out the light and went to sleep . 

The next morning , I went to stretch and accidentally punched something hard .

" Ouch ! " Alek's voice rang out and my eyes flew open .

" OH ! I'm sorry , Alek ! " I said , kissing his forehead and then his cheek and then his lips quickly to make up for ... punching him .

He rolled his eyes and I got up adn reached into my drawer , pulling out my Ravens things . 

" I really was hoping you were joking . " Alek added .

" Nope . In Maryland we keep it real . " I winked . 

Alek shook his head .

" I don't know much about football . " he added .

" Me either . I just cheer when everyone else does and people think I do . " I laughed .

Alek laughed with me and I handed him an extra Jersey .

" Go change into that and then ring my doorbell . My mom would flip out if she knew you spent the night . " I said .

Alek rolled his eyes and pecked my lips , walking over as he causally jumped from the window and a few seconds later , he rung the doorbell . I giggled and thew on my Raven's jersey and some jeans as I walked downstairs , pulling my hair in a ponytail , answering the door . 

" Mom , Alek's going to drive me to Aunt Dean's and stay for the game ! " I told her .

" Alright . I'll pick up grandpa and meet you down there . " she said .

I nodded and walked out the door , grabbing Alek's hand as  we walked across the street and got into his car , driving to Baltimore to my Aunt's house . She always hosted the games . We got there and I was greeted by my cousins and uncles and aunts , along with some family friends .

" Annie ! " my cousin , Bobby called .

" The party don't start till I walk in , boys . " I said with a wink, dragging Alek along like a designer bag .

 ---- As a native of Baltimore .... GO RAVENS ! We won ! -----