We're Dancing 'Round the Kitchen in the Refrigerator Light

April bled into May and before I knew it, it was my birthday. Dad was away filming so we would celebrate when he got back and therefore, I was at my place in Manhattan. Chris was in Boston filming a new show and I was apparently going to be alone. I was doing my best not to let it upset me. I was woken up at 10am by a knock on my apartment door. "Somebody better be dying..." I yell as I go to open the door. It's Sebastian with a bouquet of lilies, my favorite flower. "Not that I don't love you but I think Chris would have something to say about you bringing his girl flowers." I joke.

"Funny. These are actually from Chris. He had me pick them up from the florist along with his sincere apologies since he won't be able to be here. Are you just now getting up?"

"It's my birthday Seb, I can sleep as long as I'd fucking like. And it's fine. It's only 24, not the most important of birthdays." I say, about to close the door but Seb walks in and heads to my fridge. "Yeah, sure, come in and help yourself." I say to no one since my entry way is now empty.

"I hate how good your view is." He groans as he looks out at Central Park.

"You'd hate the price for this place too. I'm just incredibly lucky and fortunate that Dad was willing to buy this place right out. Otherwise I'd be homeless." I laugh.

"So have you heard from Chris yet today?"

"I woke up to a birthday text and another apology that he couldn't be here, which I understand, probably better than anyone. There were years that Dad was working on my birthday and we didn't get to celebrate, like this year."

He nods. "Well, I'm not working right now and I'm at your disposal for the day. Whatever you want to do, I'm in. Just as long as we can get to this location by 8 o'clock tonight." He says before handing me a piece of paper.

"This isn't sketchy or anything." I comment as I look at the address. It's in the warehouse district. Some of those old warehouses had been done up for events but I had no clue what this was. "If you're wanting me to tag along on your drug run, I should warn you that I scream like a fog horn when I feel threatened." He laughs at me.

"You're funny. Come on. Let's go!" He says before dragging me to my room and pushing me towards my closet. "Get ready so we can go!" I sigh but give in, choosing a white maxi dress with cream colored wedged sandals and a jean jacket. I curled my hair into beach waves and did the bare minimum for makeup.

"Ok, I'm ready. Are you going to tell me where you're taking me?" I ask as we walk out of my apartment.

"First stop is where ever you want. Then we'll grab lunch and then I am charged with not letting you know what's happening after that. You're just supposed to go with the flow. Don't ask questions."

I mock salute. "Yes sir." I say and we get into the car he has waiting.

"So where do you want to go first?" I give him a sly smile. "No, nope. Absolutely not."

"Tough shit! It's my birthday and this is what I want to do," I say as we stop out in front of the Disney Store in Times Square.

"Do you know how hard it'll be for me to go anonymous in there? Especially not even a month post Endgame release." I pout, slightly sticking out my bottom lip. "No, not that face. You know I'll cave." I won't let up. "Come on Phoenix, please don't." I add some sniffling for dramatic effect. "Fine! You win. Let's go." I instantly start smiling.

"Thank you Seb!" I say as we get out of the car.

...

We pulled up to the warehouse that night and the street was dead. "Seb, are you sure we're in the right spot?" I ask nervously, looking around.