V - A PERFECTLY GOOD PRESS

Start from the beginning

My lips formed a soft smile and I rolled my eyes, adjusting my robe a little. "Look, I'm just gonna come out with it. I'm by no means an expert when it comes to this. All I know is the first step to meeting an objective is knowing what it is."

I watched as my words seeped into his consciousness, and waited with bated breath for his rebuttal. He settled on an old adage.

"I think I can show you better than I can tell you."

Clenching my legs together would have given the game away so I simply reshuffled my weight, leaning on my left elbow instead of my right. I was just about to speak, when he beat me to it. "I do think that setting some ground rules is a good idea."

And like that, we were off, discussing our soon to materialise sexual escapade as if we were planning an event. He explained that although he wasn't into BDSM in a big way, he did like to be in control.

Figures.

We settled on a safe word. Mango. Short and sweet, like the fruit, and not phonetically similar to any other mutterings that might occur in the heat of the moment. He agreed that I could refer to him by his given name, Angelo, as Mr Leone was a bit awkward. He listened intently as I explained my sexual history, or lack thereof. I had been given a prescription of birth control I was taking religiously, but until that kicked in, condoms would be the contraceptive of choice.

"Okay, so I've given this more thought than I'd like to admit, but there's no sexy way to ask you this. Do you want to have anal sex with me at any point?"

My skin tone prevented the appearance of red circles on my cheeks, but it was clear to my observer that I was embarrassed. A number of emotions flickered across his face, until humour took up full residence. He laughed a little bit and scratched his neck, clearly taken aback by my enquiry.

"I wasn't planning to, but now that you're offerin-"

"My butthole is not up for offer. I don't know about yours though?"

Ah, I'd fucked it. Not only had I interrupted him, I had also blurted out my internal comeback, and insinuated that he gave off even the slightest vibe of wanting to be pegged (not that there's anything wrong with it. Just not with me involved, please and thank you!)

For the first time since I had met him, he was rendered speechless. I took the opportunity to clean things up as best as I could. "Not to imply that there's anything wrong with that if you would like me t-"

"I would not like you to."

Indignation was surprisingly absent from his tone. He shook his head, and ran his hand down his face, looking up at me with mirth swimming in his intense eyes. He found it funny. Thank goodness.

He asked me if there was anything else I wanted to clarify, but I had done enough for tonight. He took it upon himself to end our conversation with one last statement.

"I am a man that thrives on the pleasure of my partner. It's important that you speak up if you're uncomfortable at any point. I'm an asshole, but not a monster. You are allowed to withdraw your consent at any point. Just say the word." This had obviously been weighing on his mind a while, as his tone became serious. He looked at me face to gauge my understanding, and I punctuated my expression with a short nod, to communicate I had indeed understood him.

Once he saw this, he relaxed, reclining his position so was leaning on his elbows on the bed. The mood of the room changed, and the sexual tension that had been suspended by our laughter, reappeared. My heart was pounding, and the way he was looking at me caused the same rhythm to begin playing across my nether region.