。30 。

-"Thank you

-
"Thank you."
-

"We're gonna need you to come in and answer some questions." A policeman said as Kate and Ophelia left the elevator to Eleanor's penthouse.

"I promise you this is all a big misunderstanding." Jack replied. "I've never worked a day in my life."

"We have some tax records that will beg to differ." The officer retorted.

"I'm telling you, the Sloan I've ever known was this woman I dated in Palm Beach and she was an absolute nightmare." Jack mused, Kate moving to hug her mum.

"I'm so sorry, Mum." Kate whispered.

"I looked into it, honey, and you were right." Eleanor mumbled.

"I don't blame you for calling the police, darling. I would have done exactly the same thing." Jack said. "I've obviously been framed. I'll clear all this up and be back in a jiffy for your Christmas party, you'll see."

"He can talk a lot." Ophelia muttered.

-

Kate sighed heavily, sitting up in her bed, Ophelia still lying down on it, finally out of her suit and in some joggers and a baggy t-shirt. The archer started to look over all of the awards she'd gotten over the years for archery and fencing. Her eyes turned to a board of pictures and medals, one of them being of Clint saying he was a hero.

Kate looked to the arrows in their holder and then her first bow that was on the wall. Standing, she grabbed her phone and sat at her desk, deciding to call Clint.

The phone rang and she started speaking, "Hey, it's me. Um... Listen, I know you said, 'It's over,' but it's not. Not for us. Call me back. Or Ophelia."

"Did he not answer?" Ophelia asked, sitting up with her legs crossed.

"No. Should I try again?" Kate asked and before Ophelia could reply, she called him again. "We need to talk about the other women on the roof. Not Maya, no, the other two. I don't wanna say much on the phone. Call me back."

"Kate-"

"I'll try again." Kate rang him up and Ophelia flopped back on the cushions. "So, the police arrested Jack, which is all pretty crazy. Would be great to discuss."

"Love-"

She only called again, "Yeah, okay, sure, I've screwed up a few times. Okay? Fine, whatever, I'm still learning." She then proceeded to hit Ophelia in the forehead with a coin before it shattered a cup. "Oh, shit."

"Ow." Ophelia mumbled, rubbing her forehead and Kate sat down, checking for a mark and saw it a little red. "How you wound me."

"They do say relationships can be painful." Kate joked and Ophelia chuckled, the archer leaning up to kiss the mark. "I'm gonna try him again."

"Oh, so, I'm severely injured and you go call Clint?" Ophelia scoffed jokingly.

"Yup." Kate grinned as Ophelia blew a raspberry at her. She then called Clint. "Do you think I wanna do this, Clint? You think I wanna leave these messages like a crazy person?" Ophelia mumbled a small, 'Yeah'. "Phelia, how dare you? No, this is your fault, Clint."

And then she called him again, "This isn't over, Barton. We're gonna find you."

"The mailbox is full and cannot accept any messages at this time." The phone said and Ophelia snorted as Kate slammed her phone down angrily.

"We're gonna find him." Kate stated, moving towards Ophelia who grabbed her hips gently, pulling her closer.

"We are." Ophelia smiled.

"Do you know who that other woman was?" Kate questioned.

"Yeah." Ophelia whispered.

"Really? Who?" Kate asked, straddling Ophelia's thighs to sit down.

"Uh, she's my sister but she doesn't like me very much. Clearly." Ophelia chuckled sadly and Kate's eyebrows furrowed.

"If she's your sister, why is she trying to kill you?" Kate quizzed and Ophelia swallowed thickly, tearing up. "Hey, what's up?"

"I, uh..." Ophelia trailed off, inhaling deeply. "I killed our parents."

"You didn't do that." Kate shot down immediately. "You said you were made to do it under control."

"I know, but I killed them." Ophelia mumbled. "Her name's Izzi and she wasn't chosen for the Black Widow project. She was two when I got taken to the Red Room and I saw her during the blip. I found her and she was happy to see me. Really happy. But then she looked into my past and found out I suppose. I'm not sure how she trained but she was ill when she was born but I'm guessing there was a cure and she's okay now."

"It doesn't matter what she thinks, you didn't kill them." Kate stated, cupping her face gently, her thumb brushing away the tear that fell down her cheek.

"She's gonna come back." Ophelia whispered. "I don't know how she was trained and I don't want her to hurt you."

"She won't hurt me." Kate denied. "I can protect myself and you can protect me. You're very obvious with your need to protect."

"Thank you." Ophelia smiled softly down at her. "My head still hurts, by the way."

"Sorry."

{840}