。2 。

-"That was fun

-
"That was fun."
-

"I'm here and I bought beer!"

"Fuck yes!"

Kate grinned, closing Ophelia's front door behind her, holding a pack of six beers which she placed on her counter. Ophelia smiled at her, nose scrunching up before she was running into a different room, coming out with six cans of paint.

"Six colours?" Kate asked in shock as Ophelia plopped them on the floor. "This is gonna be fun."

"Right!?" Ophelia exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips. "You should've worn worse clothes."

"In all honesty, I forgot." Kate mumbled, eyes scanning Ophelia's messy, denim overalls and the vest top underneath. Both were covered in old streaks of paint.

"Perfect." Ophelia shook her head in amusement, shoulder length blue and purple  dyed hair flicking around. "I have clothes you can use."

"I don't mind going back and getting some." Kate denied.

"It's fine. You'll muck yours up. Mine are fucked already." Ophelia waved her off, dipping back into her room and coming back with some old joggers and a baggy t-shirt. "Bathroom's though that door. Or you can use my bedroom. I don't mind."

"Thanks." Kate smiled, taking the clothes and moving to her bedroom to change.

The brown-eyed-girl looked around the room, smiling at the messy area. Boxes lay around the floor, unpacked and Ophelia's pyjamas were sprawled out over her pillow. On the drawers were different paintings and books and a tiny cactus was on the windowsill.

Once Kate was dressed, she made her way back out to the living room where Ophelia was taping over the skirting board and the doorframes. Once all that was done, the taller of the pair, Ophelia, grabbed the can of yellow paint and a roller, starting to paint one of the walls.

Kate soon followed, grabbing a can of purple paint and pouring it into the rolling tray before starting to do the wall opposite to Ophelia. A while later, the pair got to the last wall and decided to both do it and meet in the middle. They both dipped their cleaned rollers into the red paint that was opposite the green, blue and orange on the other walls.

"This is the most random yet fabulous apartment colouring I have ever seen." Kate laughed, rolling the paint up the wall.

"I am a master of messes." Ophelia hummed.

"I must admit, I've known you for two days and I can tell this fits your personality. A hot mess." Kate chuckled.

"Thank you!" Ophelia beamed as they finished the wall. "Twas fun."

"Agreed." Kate grinned.

"Beer? I think they're well deserved." Ophelia smiled.

"Definitely." Kate nodded and Ophelia walked over to grab one, Kate following but the archer tripped over her untied shoelace, hand planting itself on the wall to stop herself from falling. "Shit."

"What's up?" Ophelia asked, concerned as she took the caps off the beer bottles.

"Uh, you have a handprint on your wall." Kate winced when Ophelia span around quickly, relaxing at the laugh the other woman let out. "I thought you were gonna throw that beer at my head for that."

"You're fine. In fact..." Ophelia trailed off, grabbing the roller that was dipped in the yellow paint and rolling it over her hand before skipping over to the wall Kate was at and planting her hand beside the purple mark Kate left on the red wall. "Finito! Oh, that completes everything."

"Really?" Kate asked, amused. "Yeah, I like it too."

"Here." Ophelia smiled, handing her her beer, her drink in her paint covered hand.

"Thanks." Kate muttered, taking her in her paint covered fingers. "God, we're a mess right now. We're gonna need a shower."

"Hm, or..." Ophelia said no more, pressing her hand to Kate's forehead before dragging it down her face slowly, grinning widely. "Gorgeous."

"You started a war, Ophelia." Kate stated, putting on a 'spooky voice' before placing her painted hand in Ophelia's hair, running it down her head. "Masterpiece."

"Okay! We're done now!" Ophelia lied, grabbing a paintbrush discreetly and dipping it in a can of green paint, throwing paint at Kate who gasped as a green streak went down her body.

"Now you've really started a war!" Kate exclaimed, dipping her own brush in red paint, lobbing some at Ophelia who laughed loudly as it covered her overalls.

Paint was thrown between the both of them, colours flying everywhere and loud laughs in the air. By the end of it, the floorboards were covered in random splats and streaks of paint and both girls were on the floor, belly laughing and covered in wet paint.

"I bet our beers are warm now." Kate laughed as she looked to Ophelia who grinned back at her.

"True." Ophelia chuckled, running her finger through the mess of paint beside her and then rubbing it on top of Kate's top lip, making the multicoloured moustache have flicks at the end. "Oui oui, ma chérie."

"Fool." Kate sighed happily, booping the end of Ophelia's nose with purple and blue paint.

"I am varnishing the floor so it stays like this." Ophelia stated firmly.

"That's a dumb decision because I'm pretty sure there's human shaped paint prints under us." Kate laughed.

"Meh." Ophelia shrugged.

Kate let out another loud laugh as Ophelia stood up to reveal a human shaped paint print, exactly as she predicted, on the floorboards. Ophelia laughed too, pulling Kate up when the shorter of them took her hand.

"That was fun." Ophelia said.

"Yeah, it was." Kate nodded, trying to ignore the close proximity between them.

"Want a beef that's actually cold?" Ophelia whispered.

"Please."

"Coming right up."

{938}