。10 。

-"Come on

-
"Come on."
-

"Oh, no. Get down." Clint ordered and they all ducked as things were thrown through the window that light the floor on fire.

Clint ran to the window as they shouted up at them. He broke the glass and caught the next bottle that was meant to hit them, throwing it down at the men. Kate grabbed her bow and shot it at a bottle making the van behind them catch on fire. Clint looked back at her.

"Told ya." Kate smirked.

"Yeah." Clint mumbled. "I gotta get that suit."

Kate then decided to shoot the fire extinguisher and it blew up, starting to fly around the flag before sit shot out of the window. Above them on the stairs, the dog whimpered.

"You have a fire escape?" Clint quizzed.

"My home! All my stuff!" Kate exclaimed, watching in horror.

"Just grab the dog and go." Clint ordered.

"Wait. What about the suit?" Kate asked.

"Leave it. We can come back. As long as we don't burn alive." Ophelia mumbled, picking up the dog in her arms as they ran out of the flat away

-

"So where are we going?" Kate asked as they all walked down onto the underground, Ophelia holding the dog on a lead.

"Getting further away from those people trying to kill you." Clint answered.

"Right. And after that?" Kate pushed.

"We'll need some supplies." Clint replied.

"Hell yeah. Avenger supplies?" Kate questioned, ecstatic.

They weren't exactly because they ended up in a shop, Clint buying first aid equipment and Ophelia searching the sweet isle.

"Not gonna lie to you. This is a bit of a letdown." Kate mused.

"Sorry to disappoint you." Clint muttered. "Wanna grab some of that rubbing alcohol over there? Lower shelf. Where's Ophelia?"

"Uh-"

"Look! Shit! There's a box there. Anyway, look, Kate, I found gummy worms." Ophelia beamed, tripping towards the pair and Kate grinned madly at her. "You want a bag?"

"Yeah, please." Kate smiled, snapping from her stare and turning to Clint who seemed a little amused. "So what's the plan now? Let me guess. We're going to your safe house? Is it in the Avengers Tower?"

"No. Tony sold that. A few years ago." Clint responded, slamming the rubbing alcohol into his basket after snatching it.

"Should I get him some gummy worms? He looks like he needs them?" Ophelia whispered to Kate and she nodded so she grabbed a third packet.

"That is so sad on so many levels." Kate mumbled.

"Come on." Ophelia cooed at the dog and he trotted along with her towards the till.

"Alright. What is it? What do you want with me? Look, I gotta find a place to stash you. Safe. So I can recover the suit and clean your mess." Clint explained.

"Stash us? We're not bags of money." Kate chuckled.

"No, you're not. Bags of money'd be useful to me." Clint sassed.

"Aren't you a bundle of joy." Ophelia scoffed. "And to think I was gonna but you gummy worms."

"Next." The cashier called.

"Hi, how are you? Merry Christmas." Clint said, putting on a fake smile.

"I actually do know a place about 10 blocks away." Kate spoke up. "Would a bag of money know a place?"

"I'm gonna put salt on his worms."

"I can hear you."

"Shut up, you can't. You're saying that because you know I'm talking. Why am I still talking?"

"I don't know. You should stop."

{574}