。25 。

- "Loser

-
"Loser."
-

Clint and Ophelia were back at Kate's Aunt's apartment. Clint started to strap slushy packs to his arms while Ophelia just lay down on the settee with a small sigh. The girl turned to lie on her side when the dog poked her shoulder with his nose. Smiling, she started to fuss him and he happily accepted the attention. The intercom suddenly buzzed.

"I've got it." Ophelia mumbled when she saw Clint about to get up. She walked to the intercom and pressed the button to here the person.

"It's me. I come bearing pizza and holiday cheer. Let me in." Kate's voice rang through.

"Hm, I don't know. We already have on stray in the apartment, we don't want another." Ophelia joked and Clint smiled slightly.

"What if the stray has Texas Barbeque pizza?" Kate asked.

"Then the stray is welcome." Ophelia pressed the button that would let her in, moving to sit back down. The dog had his face in a bowl of crackers. "Hey, silly bastard. Get out, you'll be poorly."

"Hey!" Kate called, coming into the flat.

"Hey!" Clint called back.

"A little help?" Kate requested, walking into the living room with pizza boxes and more. "Alright, this is the classic Hawkeye costume we've been waitin' for."

"What is all this?" Clint questioned.

"This is me saving the holidays." Kate replied.

"Is that right?" Clint asked.

"I'll get you home in time for the big day. In the meantime, we could celebrate." Kate explained and Ophelia grinned at her. "It's movie marathon night, right? Check this out. I got movies."

Clint smiled, "That's very thoughtful of you. Thanks."

"Your first Christmas is gonna blow your tiny mind." Kate grinned to Ophelia who nodded in agreement, bending down to kiss her cheek before going to the kitchen.

"But yeah, can we put a pause on that and talk about Sword Boy for minute?" Clint questioned and Ophelia came back with a can of pop, sitting beside Kate. "You got instincts, kid."

"What do you mean?" Kate quizzed.

"So, I did a little digging and turns out, Sloan's a shell company that launders money for the Tracksuits. And Jack Duquesne is the CEO." Clint explained.

"You sure?" Kate asked and Clint hummed. "Okay, well, we're just gonna have to come up with a plan to take down my mum's fiancé's organised crime ring, while simultaneously having a heart-warming holiday celebration." She threw an ugly Christmas jumper at Clint and then one at Ophelia. "Got any more of that slushy stuff?"

"In the kitchen." Clint answered.

Kate started to make slushy cocktails, all of them putting their jumpers on. Kate pointed toa board she had started to make, "Okay, cops. We need to get the cops off our backs. TSM, we need to get them to leave us alone. And we need to figure out why and how Jack is connected to it all."