。12 。

-"I'm not lying

-
"I'm not lying."
-

"I was so scared. What happened to you?" Eleanor asked Kate over the phone while Ophelia was fussing the dog on the settee happily. Kate was sat on a chair and Ophelia had prescribed her a pizza box.

"Nothing. I went out the back." Kate answered as Clint walked in. "Hey."

"Hey." Clint mumbled back.

"Who's a good boy?" Ophelia cooed and Clint sent her a weirded look. "What the fuck? The dog, bitch."

"Did your girlfriend get out safely? Sorry, I'm terrible with names." Eleanor sighed.

"Y-yeah. Ya, she did but she's not my girlfriend." Kate stumbled, blushing lightly as she looked over at a, yet again, clueless Ophelia.

"Oh, okay, good. That was crazy an explosion? Some kind of black market auction?" Eleanor asked.

"I gotta go. Love you." Kate bid.

"I love you, too." Eleanor finished and Kate hung up.

"When did everybody start saying, 'I love you,' to everybody all the time?" Clint questioned.

"That was my mum." Kate stated. "Since when did your heart shrink three sizes?"

"Maybe he lives on a mountain and eats glass bottles with a side of onion." Ophelia suggested and Kate snorted.

"When a little girl and her girlfriend in a ninja costume stole my Christmas." Clint answered and Kate looked away before cleaning her throat and standing. "What?"

"Multitasking." Kate mused and Clint hummed. "Reducing swelling. Thawing out Pizza Dog's breakfast."

"It's that the, uh, dog's name?" Clint quizzed.

"He doesn't have a name. It's more of a title of nobility." Kate replied, sitting down as Ophelia went to the fridge. "Like Earl of Sandwich."

"How's your wound?" Clint inquired.

"Uh, alright. It still hurts a little bit." Kate shrugged.

"Oh, shit." Clint sighed, looking to Ophelia who had taken her gummy worms out of the fridge. "Did you clean it?"

"Yeah a bit but she got up. She's like a golden retriever on crack." Ophelia mumbled and Kate scoffed.

"As if you're much better." Kate raised an eyebrow.

"Save your lovers quarrel for later. Let me fix it." Clint muttered, standing up.

"You're taking it off?" Kate questioned.

"Yeah. And I'm just gonna rip it off like a Band-Aid. Okay?" Clint continued. "Ready. One." He ripped it off. "Oh. Oh. Alright. Just gonna clean it up."

"That's a very annoying habit." Ophelia commented, sitting in his seat.

"You don't want this infected, it'll ruin your week." Clint mumbled. "What's an annoying habit?"

"Being a mardy arse." Ophelia muttered back through a gummy worm as Kate grinned at her which was eagerly returned.

"Nice." Clint rolled his eyes. "Ooh, it's actually not that bad. It's a deep scratch. Want these perpendicular to it, you wanna close it. This is helping it cinch. So it can mend to each other faster. All good?"

"Yeah. Mhm." Kate nodded, chewing the worm Ophelia gave her. "So, how's my place?"

"Crispy." Clint commented.

"Did you get the suit?" Kate quizzed.

"No." Clint denied.

"But you have a lead." Kate hummed.

"What makes you say that?" Clint questioned, sipping some water and Kate sighed softly. "What is this?"

"Oh, uh, I started to describe, um, what I could remember of the Tracksuits' faces." Kate mumbled.

"I guess you're not an art major." Clint shot back.

"Okay." Kate muttered.

"I didn't catch a good look at them, can't remember what they look like." Ophelia mused.

"Um, I would offer to buy you a hotel, uh, 'cause from certain angles, I know this all looks like my fault." Kate mumbled, standing. "Um, but my mum cancelled my credit cards due to the whole clock tower."

"That's not necessary." Clint said. "I'm just gonna be another minute, kid."

"Okay. Thank you for..." Kate trailed off, gesturing to her head. "I'll, um, see you tomorrow, I guess."

"Night, grumps." Ophelia grinned, following after Kate.

"This is all I could find for pyjamas." Kate muttered, handing her a jumper when she walked into the bedroom.

"Oh, well this is fabulous." Ophelia smiled, turning around to pull off her jumpsuit and Kate did the same, shoving a different jumper on.

Both women climbed into bed, backs facing each other before Ophelia span around and, hearing the shuffle, Kate did the same. Smiling softly, Ophelia pushed some dark air from the other girls face and Kate's cheeks heated up a little bit.

"You okay?" Ophelia asked quietly.

"Yeah, I just didn't think this was how Christmas was gonna go." Kate chuckled softly, eyes flicking between Ophelia's.

"We can still have a good Christmas even if Clint has a stick up his arse." Ophelia grinned and Kate returned it. "You warm enough?"

"Mhm." Kate lied and Ophelia snorted when she shivered. "Shut up."

"C'mere." Ophelia muttered, pulling her closer and Kate hummed happily, Ophelia's body warm against hers. "Вы очень красивы."

"What's that mean?" Kate asked, biting her bottom lip as her forehead leant on the other woman's. "Donkey testicles? Another form of testicles?"

"No." Ophelia laughed. "You're very beautiful."

"You need to stop with the flirting." Kate joked and Ophelia gasped.

"I'm not flirting." She lied and Kate huffed a laugh which she felt on her lips. "I'm just in a very Christmassy mood, babes."

"You, Phelia, are flirting." Kate stated firmly and Ophelia nodded with a small hum. "Even admitted it. You can't go back now."

"Would you like me to be straight up instead of flirting?" Ophelia raised an eyebrow and Kate nodded.

"I wanna see what that's like. I presume, amusing." Kate smiled.

"Rude." Ophelia whispered. "But I'll tell you the truth. I really want to kiss you."

"That- that's a lie." Kate stuttered, breath hitched as Ophelia glanced at her lips.

"I'm not lying." Ophelia smirked, hand moving to hold her cheek, Kate's face flushing pink. "Can I? Kiss you?"

"Ye-Yeah." Kate nodded a few times, hand holding Ophelia's wrist.

Smiling, Ophelia pressed their lips together softly and Kate returned it eagerly, feeling the blue-haired woman's thumb stroking her cheek as they kissed. Pulling back, Ophelia pressed a final peck to her Cupid's bow before laying her head on the pillow and Kate's eyes fluttered back open.

"You taste like gummy worms."

"Thank you."

{1032}

I'm sorry if you think that was quick I just couldn't help myself