Prologue

Just so you know, if you guys didn't look at the description, there might be fluff but no direct lemon. I have readers who sneak onto here as thirteen-year-olds but are probably younger than that. There will still be mentions of it, just that it won't be between you and BEN. Besides, I don't want to write it between you and BEN PERIOD. Please respect my decisions but for only getting fluff you can act weird in comments. :') Enjoy the story. (BTW (Y/N) is female but you can change that if you feel like you must) Also some profanity so... Free bleach, anyone?

****************************

Fire. That's all I can see. Mixtures of red and orange, even some yellow. Mom is lying on the kitchen floor, only the whites of her eyes are visible. It horrifies me. Figures are dancing with the dots in my vision, taunting me for not finding an escape from my own home. I run to the living room, through the smoke and flames. The fire catches onto the walls, the source from the fireplace.It's too late to put it out.

The fire becomes wild for a second, reaching for me in a desperate grasp. It grabs hold of the side of my face for a second, but it lets go. I let out ear-splitting screams as I feel my singed flesh burn and boil. With my right eye closed, I manage to find the hunting rifle Mom always hid from me. 

I run out of the living room and towards the front door, the cracking sounds above making me anxious on leaving. Dad is just standing there, outside the door, with a wide smile and crazed eyes, staring at me. 

"Rest in hell, where you belong, (Y/N)," he says in a sort of crooked singsong voice as he grabs onto the door's handle and slams the door shut. 

I swear, all I can hear is his laughter over the crackling flame as the house crashes into itself. I manage to break one of the back windows open and run out, holding the side of my face as if it's going to melt off. I stare from a distance, watching the roof fall into the house and destroy everything I knew. My consoles, Mom, food, shelter, everything. 

The firefighters come and start putting out the fire, the men probably giving themselves false hope of them not being too late. The police and ambulance arrive together, an event that is very unusual. A policewoman starts questioning Dad as a medic checks his vitals and gives him a white blanket. I just stare at them blankly from the hill. They seem to be buying whatever Dad is saying. The fire is put out, but the house already collapsed, and everything burned out of existence. It feels strange discovering that you can have everything you would ever need one minute, and it would all disappear the next. 

The hunting rifle is pretty much digging into my knee, but I just ignore it and continue watching the action. The firefighters who ran in to find me and Mom came back out and shook their head with the corpse of Mom being dragged by one of them. The man who's holding the singed corpse is just looking down at her, more of staring. I can see Mom in the distance, looking at her singed skin and some of her organs hanging out of her chest. Her dress has holes in it, and it is darker than the bright color she was wearing before. 

I guess Mom has some living part of her, because the medics put her on a stretcher and rush her into the ambulance. I just feel helpless, looking at everything and not doing anything about it. They could just question me, compare the story with Dad's, and see who's more believable. Some part of me just tells me "No, they're not going to believe you. Nobody will."

***********************

Word Count: 660