Chapter -11

Nobita observed his own reflection in the mirror. Overtime his physical appearance changed with his behaviour and mindset. He's a bit taller than before and instead of his yellow tshirt and blue trousers, he wore light blue hoodie and grey jeans. Back at the English school, they aren't aloud to wear shorts. So, he kinda used to wear pants or jeans wherever he goes. His raven black hair kept messy and falling onto his forehead. The round glasses however is the one that still the same with lense being adjusted. If you look at him now, you'll guess that old Nobita done some makeover. That's it.

He's leaving in few minutes to start everything fresh and new. No Doraemon to rely on. No more cowering under a table. He's ready, finally. Moving on wasn't easy, but wasn't impossible. Nobita managed however, become a person who is indipendent and opposite of his former self. Well, he's strong mentally, even if his physical strength improved or not. That's the only thing matters.

"NOBITA? ARE YOU READY YET?" Tamako called him from the kitchen.

"COMING." He called back.

Nobita looked back at the mirror one last time then picked up his new bag, exiting his room. Tamako and his father was talking when he entered the kitchen and they looks at him and gave a smile.

"You look great, Nobita." Tamako comments.

"Yeah." Was all he could say.

"Now, have breakfast. Getting late for
your first day is a bad thing." His father said, which Nobita listened to.

He didn't mind cereals, though. They're just settling in and Tamako didn't even had the time for errands. She was busy dusting the new apartment all along.

"So, remember what I said?" Tamako asked.

"Yeah. You arranged my admission and before I go to class, go visit the headmaster." He explained.

"Good. And be safe on the way. Be friendly to everyone. Okay?" Tamako questioned.

"It depends." Nobita replied, finishing his breakfast and leaving the kitchen. 'it depends'. Something he learnt staying with those English people. He has a knowledge of opening up to people without knowing them, end up hurting him more. At least taking some life lessons has it's perks when time comes.

"Do whatever you want to do. Just at least try to give chances. Remember, the students you'll see today, is gonna be with you for a while. So I suggest you don't pile up any negetive reactions." His father reminded following him to the entrance.

He's right though, getting on everyone's bad side is the last thing you should think of doing.

"Okay, fine." Nobita said and left the apartment.

Nobita walked down the building and before he leaves it entirely, he saw Yumi. She had a black side bag over her shoulder and she wore a yellow tank top and crimson red baggy jeans. Rest of her appearance has no change at all.

"Grandma, Kota, see you guys later. Bye." Yumi called out and ran out of the building, not noticing Nobita at all.

As Nobita was watching it all, he saw Kotarou appearing on the same entrance Yumi was a second ago. "Jeez, she's always in a hurry." Kotarou pouted and then he saw Nobita, who was just leaving the same as Yumi did.

"Nobita brother?" Kota called really surprised. "You live here too?" He asked.

"Yes I am. Just moved two days ago." Nobita answers.

"Wow. Can I come play with you sometimes. Yumi is a meanie and bosses me all the time." Kota asked.

Nobita blinked and thought about it for a moment. "Well, you can come upstairs. We'll hang around if I'm free." Nobita replied, earning that bright cute grin of Kotarou.