Chapter 7

***********

"...do you remember our first flight?" Doraemon asks with a sad smile and Nobita could barely hold back tears.

Nobita nodded and smiled. "You appeared and scared me so much the first time. It was so sudden. You showed me bamboo copter. It feels like yesterday. Ever since I was luckier than anyone. It took me a while to understand that." Nobita said.

They both walked side by side towards the playground. The one place they possibly see all their friends.

"Our adventures, the unbelievable once. I wish you could stay and go on adventures like we used to be." Nobita spoke in a small dull voice. It's all too much to handle.

"Haha... before I met you, I never thought my gadgets can be used the way you use them. Turns out, I learnt a lot hanging around with you. Gian, Suneo, Shizuka, Dekisuki. They're all sees me as friend because you were there to introduce me. Whenever you blame yourself and called yourself useless, it always hurted my feelings, because you're the only one who didn't mind 'difference' between us. You're one of the best people I ever met, Nobita. I mean it." Doraemon replied.

"And you're a best friend, Doraemon. Mom used to say, we are like brothers and now I understand her." Nobita lowly mumbled.

Rest of their walk was silence. They are breaking down inside and barely maintaining their emotions.

Doraemon never thought, this human will be any different than the ones back at 22nd century. But now this same human has a spot in his mechanical heart that no virus could wipe out. Same goes for Nobita. During the time they were together, he always forget that Doraemon is just a robot and treat him like one of them.

"She's right." Doraemon replied.

"Yes." Nobita said.

As they got closer to the playground, their hearts beat faster and it aches. The last day both of them will ever see this playground and most importantly their friends. Will they ever see each other again? If they do, will they figure out one another? Nobita' breathing hitched and with all his might he held back another sob. After today or tomorrow, they're forcefully being divided into three pieces.

"You okay?" Doraemon asks.

"No I'm not okay. You?" Nobita truthfully said. He's definitely not okay.

"Me neither." Doraemon replied.

Nobita stops for a minute and Doraemon did the same. "Don't forget me Doraemon." Nobita said and showed his pinky finger.

"Never. That's a promise." Doraemon said and hooked Nobita' finger with his own tiny one.

"And I won't forget you either, no matter what. That's a promise." Nobita promised.

Again there was a silence and they stopped behind the wooden fence of the playground and they heard their friends talk. That day they didn't have any homeworks and coincidentally Dekisuki  was there too with Gian and Suneo , shizuka wasn't there . Well that's good, he didn't want to face her after what happened anyway . They were laughing and both Nobita and Doraemon hate to ruin their fun moment. But it's now or never. The last day Doraemon and Nobita ever see them. And Nobita is sure tomorrow he will go to school and teacher will announce it to everyone. That's how it goes and he doesn't expect any difference in his case.

"You go, Doraemon." Nobita mumbled back..

"What about you? Aren't you gonna tell them?" Doraemon asked.

"I can't talk without crying. I'm sure tomorrow teacher will announce it for me." Nobita said.

"We're friends, Nobita. They deserve to hear it from you. After all, they trusted us with their secrets and problems. Now let them do us the favor." Doraemon said. He's right. Doraemon is always right.