Chapter 14 Appearances

Dabi wanted to light All For One on fire right now. He'd been told he can wear a suit but he'd have to stay away from Tomura if he did. Sure he wasn't overly fond of the man but he was the only one he knew their. Dabi would take Tomura's company over the rich snobs any day. Tomura was annoying they were downright dreadful to talk to.

The whole ball was for appearances. Dabi was supposed to come in with Tomura introduce himself then leave to go find some corner to hide in. That's not what All For One told him to do he did tell Dabi to not make a public scene. He counted that as basically hide since Dabi would make a public scene if anyone he didn't know tried to bother him.

Dabi was angry the whole time the tailor was measuring him for his suit. He beared it but he wanted to set him on fire. Who wears Magenta anyways? It hurt his eyes to look at. Tomura had found the fabric he'd been looking for after checking the shop the week after.

Dabi had to admit the color was fantastic. It was a dark shade of blue it reminded him of the night sky. His undershirt was black he even was allowed to wear it before the ball which excited him. Dabi might hate the event as much anymore. But he still hated it. At least he could be comfortable.

Tomura's outfit looked equally as good in his opinion. Tomura was wearing a completely black suit with a red undershirt. Toga bugged Dabi constantly to tell her about balls as of late. "Their boring and the people are annoying." Dabi said he had never liked the ones he'd been forced to attend as a young teenager.

"Oh, but I'm sure their wonderful!" Toga said her eyes lighting up like stars. Dabi rolled his eyes fondly he just barely managed to keep the smile off his face. "Bye twerp see you later." Dabi said he ruffled her hair before leaving the kitchen. He was glad he didn't escape yet.

"Yes finally!" Tomura shouted triumphantly. He finally after several weeks of trying to get Raze to follow him on a lead rope had successfully gotten her to follow him. "I told you I'd take patience." Spinner said he petted the young horse's nose. "You should probably get back to the palace for the ball it's getting late." Spinner said he looked up at the sky which was quickly darkening.

"Yeah, thanks Spinner." Tomura said he brought his friend into a hug shocking his friend. "What was that for?" Spinner asked surprised. "For being a amazing friend." Tomura said he smiled slightly. Spinner smiled back he took Raze's lead rope from Tomura. "See you later Raze." Tomura said he kissed her on the nose before running towards the palace. All For One would kill him if he was late.

Tomura arrived right on time Dabi however was no where to be seen. Tomura knew he'd get scolded for his husband being late. It wasn't his fault he wasn't Dabi's babysitter. Still All For One didn't care Tomura was certain everything that went wrong in his eyes was Tomura's fault.

Tomura stood next to All For One he had been commanded to do so. Tomura stared ahead at the opposite wall not reacting to any of the people All For One greeted with fake enthusiasm as they made small talk with him. Tomura's attention snapped to the door as he finally saw a flash of dark blue enter the room.

Most people were in drab black suits. Dabi's was dark to but in Tomura's opinion still the most attention grabbing. Tomura met Dabi's eyes as he finally stood beside him in his designated spot. Kurogiri wasn't far behind judging by the fact he was supposed to be out there instead serving rich people he must have had to force Dabi to come.

Not that Tomura blamed him. The parties were full of full pointless talk Tomura despised and people who had personalities worse than rats. After they had been shown to the public like the totally happy couple they were All For One showed them off. Tomura remembered in the back of his head how All For One had told him not to be seen with Dabi after the introduction All For One was hoping people would forget about Dabi's known weird dressing habits as soon as possible.

Dabi as if sensing his thoughts walked over to him. "Care to dance my dear prince?" Dabi asked in a mocking tone. Tomura rolled his eyes he slapped Dabi's offered hand away. "You know I'm not supposed to dance with you." Tomura said he looked away from the other male.

"Don't be such a stick in the mud let's go!" Dabi said he grabbed Tomura's arm yanking him into the dance floor before he could even react. Tomura grabbed onto Dabi's arm to settle himself he had almost tripped when Dabi suddenly dragged him away from the wall he'd been leaning against.

Dabi started dancing with Tomura their was a tense silence for a few seconds. "This is boring think we can set a few things on fire?" Dabi asked in a joking tone. "As much as I wish I could no." Tomura said he put his hand on Dabi's hip the other on his shoulder taking control of the dance.

Dabi didn't seem to mind he would rather Tomura lead it made him have to do less work. "Let's escape ya?" Dabi asked he flinched as someone shot him a weirded out look when they saw his scars. Tomura noticed Dabi's reaction his eyes had a flicker of anger for a second then it was gone.

"Yeah, let's go." Tomura said he still held Dabi's hand dragging him past all the couples dancing interrupting more than one dance. People glared at them out of anger or just because they thought they looked strange. Tomura didn't care his biggest concern was getting Dabi out of the public eye. The gardens were close by Tomura lead him there.