Chapter 3 First Impressions

Dabi growled as the maid attending to him tightened the corset around his waist to tight. He missed his tattered and burnt waist coat it was so much more comfortable than the stupid dress. Dabi laughed at their attempt to try to rid his hair of the black dye he had used. He had recolored it so much that the white didn't show threw even after they washed it several times.

Dabi was led out into a wide room he recognized from his childhood. It was a room often used between high ranking officials or kings to negotiate deals and have meetings. This must be wear he was supposed to meet the prince of the Void Kingdom.

Dabi sat down on a black leather couch it was cool against his exposed neck and back. Dabi thought he looked ridiculous. He had short hair and looked like he was born a male at birth. He looked like a man in a dress. People who didn't know him assumed he was a male. They were right but some people didn't think so.

Dabi crossed his arms over his chest he felt uncomfortable. He felt more exposed then he had in a long time. The staples holding him together suddenly made him self conscious. The prince was probably some rich asshole who was going to scoff at his appearance.

Dabi heard approaching feet coming closer. He tensed up this was where he would meet his husband. The guard who had been standing by the door to make sure Dabi didn't escape opened the door letting everyone inside the room. Dabi gulped he prepared himself for a slew of mean hearted comments. He normally didn't care but he had to stay with the prince unless he found away around it later.

Tomura walked down the hallway he glared at the back of All For One and Enji's heads as they lead him towards where he would meet his he didn't actually know. Wife? Husband? Lover? He like everyone else had heard stories of Dabi's strange dressing habits and evidently tendency to burn things down.

It wasn't like he cared what the fire user did. He just had to marry him it wasn't like he had a choice. Tomura followed his guardian into a wide room the carpet was gold unlike most of the palace which had blood red carpet the walls were blue with white dragons sitting on large rocky cliffs.

Tomura didn't look around much more than that he sat down on a leather couch beside All For One. He sat as far away as he could he knew the man would never strike him in public but it still made him wary. Tomura felt a gaze boring into him he looked up to meet blazing blue eyes.

Tomura wasn't shocked by what he saw. The princess or prince whatever they were was covered in burn scars. Tomura found he didn't really care it wasn't like he looked much better with his scars and dry skin. Dabi wasn't a pretty person by any means but he wasn't ugly either. Perhaps he was a real eyecatcher in a different universe where he didn't look like a raisin.

Dabi looked odd to Tomura. He looked like a man in a dress. Had he wanted this on purpose or had this been forced? Tomura noted most likely forced by how uncomfortable he looked. They stared at each other for a few solid seconds before it was interrupted by All For One talking.

Dabi was impressed by Tomura's clothes. They looked good in general but they'd be better on someone else. The red worked with the gold buttons. The black pants was a excellent match if only he didn't have to marry him. Then he might find the young man interesting.

"I'm so glad that we could meet to discuss the marriage agreement between your daughter and my son." All For One said he didn't notice or choose to ignore Dabi's blue eyes boring into his head. Tomura noted Dabi was most definitely a man. That was nice to finally confirm so he wasn't confused. He didn't want to get it wrong that'd make their marriage even worse.

"Yes, indeed." Enji said they both talked back and forth on terms and agreements. Dabi mocked his dad when he wasn't looking using his hand to make it look like it was repeating everything he said. Tomura snickered he stopped whenever All For One sent him a glare.

They both made eye contact again. Tomura decided Dabi might not be so bad. Tomura almost let his laughter out this time but he managed to suppress it this time around. Dabi made funny faces at him which was almost enough to set him off into a laughing fit. Call him childish but he could barely contain his amusement.

Eventually, the kings finalized the agreement. Tomura felt dread fill him that was it. They would be officially married any day now. "We'll be back behave. I forgot my quill to sign the paperwork." All For One said he left along with Enji to go find a quill. That left both men alone with a guard.

"Quit making me laugh raisin face." Tomura snapped once he was sure both men were gone. It was amusing but he didn't want to be punished for laughing. "How about you stop being so boring crusty?" Dabi asked he leaned back into the couch.

"I'm not crusty!" Tomura hissed his cheeks were red he was embarrassed that his skin condition had been pointed out. He supposed he deserved it for the comment about Dabi's scars but it still didn't shake the feelings he felt. "Hm, keep telling yourself that." Dabi said he closed his eyes he was relaxed now that the kings were gone.

Tomura leapt up from his seat he flung himself into Dabi knocking both of them to the floor. Dabi's eyes widened he was suddenly in the floor with the prince on top of him and a hand around his throat. Dabi didn't know what his quirk was but it certainly wasn't nice if his dad had chosen from him to marry Tomura. What had once been a nice first meeting had turned into a fight. First impressions were everything it seemed.