Projects, Love, and Brother Problems

Shoto walked home with Izuku, Ochako, and Minoru. Shoto mostly ignored his partner but it came almost resistable when Minoru tried to flirt with Ochako. Shoto quickly picked him up by the collar and dragged him along, not letting Minoru touch the ground the entire way. Izuku was going to say something but Ochako got into a deep conversation with him about heroes.

   Sooner or later, the group arrived at Izuku's house. They all sat down at the kitchen table and Shoto managed to sit across from Izuku. Shoto started to play with Izuku's feet and Izuku responded by playing back. Both teams started to work on their projects that they had been assigned by Aizawa. They had to study a villain and then find out background information about them and suggest tactics that could help put down the villain. Shoto and Minoru got Dabi and Ochako and Izuku got Mr. Compress. Izuku showed a lot of excitement for Shoto and Minoru, pointing out the fact that Shoto already knew a lot about Dabi.

   "Wait, you do?" Minoru grinned.

   "He's my eldest brother." Shoto nodded.

   "Awe, sweet! We're totally gonna get A's!" Minoru called out. Shoto rolled his eyes and shook his head as Minoru asked what his real name was.

   "It's Touya."

   "Touya Todoroki? Pft, I would have change my name to something different too." Minoru grinned.

   "Don't talk sh*t about my brother, that's my job." Shoto grumbled, giving Minoru a look. The boy put his hands up and nervously moved his chair further from Shoto.

   After a short amount of time, Shoto had finished with his five facts about his brother's techniques. Minoru was in the process of drawing Dabi and without disturbing him, Shoto made another box and started on his brother's childhood. He put down the information of how and why Dabi became a villain. Shoto made sure to prove that it was mostly his fault, scribbling down that his brother had been jealous of Shoto. He also put down that Dabi had simply just wanted to become a hero but Enji had told him that his dreams were impossible.

   Ochako glanced up from her drawing of Mr. Compress and then saw that Shoto was a little shaky. She watched him with silent eyes and then looked over at Izuku. Whatever she has been thinking, she disregarded it and then complimented Izuku's artwork. They were both drawing Mr. Compress but in two different styles.

   "Oh, thank you, Ochako!" Izuku grinned. He gently kicked Shoto's foot and when he didn't get a response, he looked over at Shoto.

   "You're writing really hard." Minoru pointed out.

   "Shoto?" Ochako asked.

   Shoto didn't hear anyone. He was too lost in memories and he couldn't get out of the thought that Shoto was the reason that Dabi was a villain. He kept scribbling away at the paper but Izuku placed his hand on Shoto's left hand, creating a disturbance. Shoto jumped and he jerked his head up, looking at the three teenagers around him. He swallowed nervously and held the pencil in both hands, apologizing softly and looking down at his writing.

   No one responded but Izuku did stand up and get everyone some water. He then gently rubbed Shoto's shoulder and whispered in his ear that he still wanted to hang out later. Shoto smiled weakly and Izuku sat down in his chair, getting right back to his project. Shoto followed his lead and the other two were forced to pretend like nothing had happened.

   Time grew old and the two guests stayed over for dinner. They then wrapped up their posters and Izuku offered to walk Ochako home since it was dark. Ochako agreed but then asked if she could speak with Shoto. She made it clear she wanted to speak with him alone so the two went outside and walked to the road.

   "Is something wrong, Ochako?" Shoto asked.

   "Well, no, not really. I just, I have to tell you something." Ochako responded.