He Is His Happiness

All Might stared at the bedroom full of teenagers. He grew real quiet and Izuku swallowed a knot in his throat. He had forgotten he had told All Might where he put his spare key. Before Izuku could get out anything more than a nervous squeak, Tenya asked who All Might was. Katsuki examined the man's physical features and Ochako and Denki tried their hardest to keep quiet and not show off too much anxiety. Momo, Tenya, and Eijiro all looked at Izuku for answers, waiting for a signal that indicated he didn't know who this man was.

   "Hey, Dave." Izuku finally nodded.

   "Hi, Izuku." All Might nodded back. He wasn't in his hero uniform or hero look so no one knew who he was.

   "Dave? What kind of half a** name is that?" Katsuki grumbled.

   "Excuse me? My name is perfectly fine!" All Might argued, growing offended. Izuku struggled to find a solution but then his lips started moving.

   "Kacchan, he's my dad—"

   "Your father? Deku, you don't have a dad, don't try me with that!" Katsuki growled. Eijiro quickly nudged Katsuki in the ribs but Katsuki hadn't realized what he had said.

   "That doesn't mean I can't have a step-father." Izuku whispered, his shoulders sinking. All Might frowned and walked over to him, gently placing his hand on his shoulder.

   "He didn't mean it like that, Izuku. He—" Ochako started, getting interrupted by Izuku.

   "No, it's alright. Thank you for giving us our homework. I appreciate it greatly. If you wouldn't mind though, could you guys please leave?" Izuku asked softly.

   "I just got here—" All Might started.

   "Dave, I didn't mean you." Izuku sighed.

   The friends left the house and All Might finally realized a person was behind Izuku. He pointed this out and Izuku turned and gently put a hand to Shoto's back. Shoto flinched from the contact and Izuku gently rubbed a circle, asking if he could even breathe. There was a hum and Shoto shifted, rolling his head to look at Izuku. He spotted All Might and the man tensed up, asking if he was alright. Shoto didn't respond much other than giving him a lousy yes and then closing his eyes.

   "Shoto, do you want some water or some food or something? You haven't eaten all day." Izuku told him.

   "No, thank you." Shoto whispered. Izuku nodded slowly and said he'd be back once he was done talking with his step-father.

   Taking All Might into a different room, Izuku asked what he wanted. All Might quietly spoke with him about why he wasn't in school, why Shoto had been on the missing list, and why Shoto looked the way he did. Izuku explained as much as he could and All Might took a deep breath, knowing the right thing to do was to tell Endeavor. All Might scratched the back of his head and then asked when he planned on telling Endeavor. Izuku gave his mentor a shrug and this made the man sigh deeply.

   The two broke out into a squabble and finally, Shoto's voice broke the fight. Izuku called out that he was coming and he told All Might not to tell anyone until Shoto felt better. He then pushed All Might to the door and he left, clearly not appreciative of the visit. In the meantime, Izuku rushed back to Shoto and found him crying. Instantly, panic rised in Izuku's blood and his face grew pale as he asked what was wrong, grabbing Shoto's shoulders gently.

   "I thought you left me." Shoto sniffled, his voice a little raspy.

   "I'm never going to leave you. Don't think that way, Shoto." Izuku murmured, keeping his voice low so that Shoto wouldn't become startled at it.