Daddy Issues

Shoto woke up at dinner time and he blinked, realizing Izuku was gone. He sat up slowly and looked around, spotting Izuku holding onto someone. He seemed to be soothing them and he didn't waste much time looking up at Shoto. He took one deep breath and then revealed Ochako, whispering that her father was in the hospital. Shoto nodded slowly to his friend and then Izuku pulled Ochako to the bed.

   "I'm sorry, Ochako." Shoto whispered.

   "I'm sorry if I disturbed anything." Ochako murmured. She went on to explain how Izuku was the first person she needed to talk to.

   "Hey, it's alright. I'm here if you ever need me." Izuku responded.

   Shoto and Izuku comforted the girl for a long time and then Izuku offered for her to spend the night. She agreed and Izuku asked his mother if he could invite others over. In total, five other people came and they all set up in the living room once everyone arrived. Those people were Momo, Tenya, Katsuki, Eijiro, and Denki.

   The group watched movies and ate popcorn to boost Ochako's mood. Dinner was served but only Izuku and Shoto ate since the others had already eaten. Denki and Eijiro made everyone laugh at a corny joke they managed to make up, and then Mrs. Midoriya pulled her son aside. Shoto knew what she was going to say so he left the empty table and returned to the group. Everyone realized Izuku was gone so they calmed down a bit and looked at Shoto. Shoto became their target and everyone moved in close to him.

   "How have you been doing?" Katsuki asked quickly.

   "Fine."

   "Not like I care or anything!" Katsuki spat.

   "When are you coming back to school?" Momo questioned.

   "Whenever my leg heals."

   "And when will that be?" Someone hissed out.

   "A week or so."

   "What did the doctor diagnosis you with?"

   "Depression and PTSD."

   Denki was about to ask a question but Izuku entered the room with a flushed look. He turned on a movie for everyone and they settled down, watching it. By the end of the movie, Katsuki was sleeping on Eijiro's chest and Denki was sleeping on Katsuki's side. Tenya, Momo, and Ochako were all awake but Shoto was slouched on the couch and Izuku was sleeping face first into his lower stomach. Momo created extra blankets for everyone and then Ochako gently touched Izuku's shoulder.

   It took around five minutes but the three teenagers who were awake managed to get everyone to their rightful places. Shoto and Izuku were in Izuku's room together, Katsuki was sleeping on the couch, Denki and Eijiro were sleeping beside Tenya, and Ochako got to sleep on the other couch while Momo got the rocking chair. Everyone settled down for the night and no one expected that another visitor would come over. That was until someone knocked on the front door around 23:05 (11:05pm).

   Tenya was the first one to jerk awake and he sighed heavily at the door being knocked on. He couldn't quite understand what it was but when he did manage to raise his head and look around, it clicked. Tenya quickly put his glasses on and then he stood up and ran into Katsuki's arm that was dangling in the air. He woke up and his first instinct was to clench his fist around whatever bumped into him.

   Tenya pushed a finger to Katsuki's lips and Katsuki listened, hearing the knocking. It was more heavier this time and Tenya pulled Katsuki up, creeping to the doorway. Both of them peeked down the hallway and saw red and blue lights flashing. They immediately hurried to Izuku's room, shaking the boy wildly and startling Shoto. Shoto was quick to punch the first thing he saw and Tenya knew he would end up with a bruised gut the next morning. Besides the bruising, Katsuki explained what was happening and Izuku hurried to the door, Katsuki following after him.

   The door was unlocked and Izuku slowly pulled the door open. He winced a little at the bright lights but then he stared at four different people. Three were police officers and one was a well-known pro hero. Katsuki let out an audible curse and Izuku felt everything in his stomach churn and twist.

   "Where's my son?" Enji asked.

   Izuku and Katsuki swallowed before a head peeked out above both of them. Izuku asked what happened to Tenya and Shoto looked at him before he glanced back up at his father. He knew it had to have been his brother who told him. The other guests wouldn't have told Enji, they had no way of contacting him. Plus, those people were his friends. They knew how much Shoto hated his father.

   Shoto continued to stare at his father in silence as the police officers told Izuku to come outside. Shoto quickly grabbed Izuku by the shoulder and yanked him back, sending him flying into Katsuki. Shoto took Izuku's place and the officers demanded to see Izuku. Shoto wouldn't move though and Enji told the police to stop after a moment.

   "We came here for Shoto, that's all." The hero told the officers.

   "I'm not leaving." Shoto whispered.

   "Yes you are. Go get your things and get your a** back here in ten minutes."

   "No!" Shoto yelled. Enji gave him a look but Shoto shoved him back.

   "Hey—" Izuku started. He reached for him but Shoto had already limped outside and turned the light on.

   "Do you see me?" Shoto screamed.

   "What happened—" Enji started to say. He was interrupted by his son's features, not even Shoto's words. He had never once seen Shoto so bruised, scarred, and bandaged. Everyone had been surprised by how long the injuries were taking to heal but most of the ones on his body had gone away. Only on his face, those ones were a different story.

   "Do you see me? Where were you when I was being beaten? Huh?" Shoto screamed.

   "Beaten?" Officers asked.

   "Where were you when I was being r*ped? You weren't anywhere! Izuku did everything to help me and we aren't even related!" Shoto screamed, not skipping one breath.

   "Shoto, I—"

   "Shut your d*mn mouth. You are nothing to me and haven't been anything for the past sixteen years. And don't plan on being anything to me either." Shoto grumbled.

   "It's just a phase—" Enji started when he was looked at by the authorities.

   "It's not a phase! You're a phase in my life! I hope that phase ends real fast. I'm not coming home and I don't plan on living there very long." Shoto told him.

   "You're only sixteen, you can't just move out! You have to listen to what your parents tell you!"

   "You're not my only parent." Shoto whispered. He then stepped inside and closed and locked the door.

   "IcyHot?" Katsuki asked.

   "I'm sorry for waking you all up. Izuku, I'll be out of the house soon, I promise. I won't be a burden anymore."

   Shoto stumbled down the hallway and the group of people looked at each other. Before long, Izuku asked to speak with his mother and the others were sent back to the living room. Then Tenya came out of the bedroom shivering. He quickly wrapped up in a blanket and stayed there. Everyone decided to leave Shoto alone for the night.