Runaway

Shoto had gotten home five minutes ago and he was now being cornered by Natsuo. Natsuo had been attempting to get answers from him but it didn't seem to be working because Shoto completely shut down. He refused to speak and when Natsuo shook him, Shoto accepted it and watched his brother with cold eyes. Eventually, Natsuo gave up and he walked away, cursing and grumbling.

   Shoto stayed in the corner he had been cornered in and he slowly sat down. He knew he was going to be screamed at later on and he really wasn't looking forward to it. Possible solutions came into Shoto's mind but he realized that all of them had more negative than positive outcomes. Finally, one came into his mind that didn't seem all that sinister. With one glance at his sister, Fuyumi opened her mouth to talk to him. Instead of letting her talk, Shoto walked out of the kitchen and he saw his brother sitting on the couch, texting someone. He glanced up from the device and watched his brother head for the door.

   "Where are you going?" Natsuo asked.

   "Shoto?" Fuyumi asked, hurrying forward when he didn't answer. Shoto broke into a run and more curses escaped the second youngest's mouth as he stood up to chase his brother. Shoto flung the door open, his hips being grabbed by Fuyumi.

   Shoto turned and twisted his body and escaped the grip, bolting across the lawn. He then stopped when he saw his brother chasing him and he spiked up a mass of ice. He then turned and fled the scene. Just like a villain would.

   Shoto hid in the back alleys until he assumed it was dark enough. The wind had picked up and it had begun to sprinkle. Shoto didn't mind the rain, having grown to like the way it slowly slipped down the window of his room. He had liked watching the rain dance in a slanted pattern across the yard and then ultimately crash into the house, window, grass, fence, or trees. Then he remembered that he wasn't actually in his room, nor even in the house. He was walking in a dirty, old alleyway where people dealt drugs, got into fights, and were killed. His thoughts made him stop as he realized that it was dark and those scenarios could come true. He decided it was time to take action on the other half of his plan.

   As Shoto managed to find his way around, he couldn't help but feel something on the back of his head. Not actually on the back of his head but he felt as if eyes were watching him. He stopped abruptly when a voice actually spoke out in the dark. The sprinkling of rain turned a little heavier but not heavy enough to soak his clothing.

   "What's a little boy like you doing out here all alone?" A slurred speech asked. Shoto turned his head slowly and stared at green eyes. Then he glanced back and saw yellow and an orangish eye color. Three middle aged men and one 16 year old boy. Shoto could already see the article headlines.

   "#1 hero's son found dead in alley"

   "16-year-old found dead"

   "UA student found murdered in back alleyway"

   "Teenager killed in Musutafu"

   "Son of a hero is dead"

   "Todoroki Shoto, #1 hero's son is dead"

   "I'm talking to you!" The green-eyed man growled.

   "I went for a walk." Shoto mumbled, finding his answer stupid. He should've just run. He knew if he fought, he would be in trouble. The men hadn't shown any signs of hurting him so he would be at fault if they all got in a fight.

   "Went for a walk?" The orange-eyed man chuckled. He took a step forward and then gently placed his hand to the side of Shoto's neck. Before Shoto could react, the man brought his hand up and something was shoved into his skin.