Encounter

Dabi saw the man in all black on the ground, but he didn't have time to grab him or burn him. That's when he heard his father yell at other heroes to grab the man. The man panicked and he jumped up, chasing after Dabi and actually getting ahead of him. Dabi was surprised to see the man surpass him but then he saw the grey eye and the white hair.

   "Shoto?" Dabi called out in pure shock.

   "Touya?" The man called out, looking over.

   "Why are you running?" Dabi yelled, looking ahead.

   "They're chasing me!" Shoto cried out, turning to look back. He quickly turned back around and he started looking for an escape route. He spotted a bar and he jumped up, grabbing it and swinging himself up. Dabi was quick enough to grab the bar after him and he pulled himself up as well, chasing after his younger brother.

   "He's gonna kill him!" Edgeshot yelled.

   "Split up! Someone go back to that kid's bag." Endeavor barked out, pointing. Several heroes were quick to scramble.

   Shoto got on the roof of a building and he took a deep breath, a little nervous. He stumbled back into Dabi who yanked him around, forcing Shoto to look at him. Shoto tried to hide his face but Dabi grabbed both of his wrists, watching as Shoto winced. Shoto tried to pull his arms from his brother but Dabi held on tighter and Shoto yelled at him that it was burning. Dabi let go of him in confusion and Shoto breathed heavily, holding his arms.

   "Are you high?" Dabi finally spat.

   "Why aren't you killing-"

   "Answer my d*mn question." Dabi growled.

   "A little." Shoto admitted.

   "What's with your arms?"

   "Nothing." Shoto mumbled.

   The two stopped talking when heroes arrived on the roof. Endeavor was first to arrive and Shoto dipped his head, looking behind him. Dabi backed up beside Shoto and the pair stepped closer to the edge. Endeavor started to yell commands at Dabi, and Shoto watched as Hawks and Edgeshot got up behind them on the ground. Hawks took to the sky and that's when he saw Shoto.

   Hawks was about to open him mouth but Shoto shoved his brother back, then running to the edge of the building and jumping. He had purposefully touched the ledge of the rooftop for his own getaway and he managed to slide into a new alley with an ice slide. Melting the ice and then standing up from his crouched position, he couldn't help but realize what he was doing. He never thought he'd be running from heroes before. He felt villainous and he didn't like it.

   "Hands in the air!" A voice called out from behind Shoto. Shoto spun around, his head low. He raised his hands and then he saw the feet. With a curse under his breath and then lifting his head, he stared right back at Best Jeanist, Midnight, and Gran Torino.

   "Wait, Todoroki?" Midnight asked, dropping her stance.

   "Todoroki?" Best Jeanist questioned.

   "You're that boy. Endeavor's son?" Gran Torino questioned.

   "I-I gotta go." Shoto murmured. He tried to leave but Best Jeanist easily grabbed his arm with some string.

   "Not so—"

   "Ow, sh*t!" Shoto interrupted, pulling his arm back.

   Shoto rubbed the injured arm and Best Jeanist examined Shoto's facial expression. Midnight stepped forward and she picked his head up, asking him a bunch of questions that he struggled to answer. He hated when he was interrogated because he felt like his brother. When Shoto stopped answering the questions, Midnight grew concerned. The middle aged woman glanced over at Gran Torino and then asked how it was possible for them to know if he was actually Shoto Todoroki. Shoto blinked in slight confusion and then opened his mouth before he closed it.

   "How much do you love your father?" Gran Torino asked, smiling and stepping closer to the teenager.

   "As much as I love teapots." Shoto grumbled under his breath. Best Jeanist caught this and he gave him a questionable look.

   "What's your mother's job?" Gran Torino asked, glancing at the other two heroes. They didn't fully understand why he was asking these questions. The family and now of their information was well-known to the public, surely.

   "Her job is sitting in a hospital bed all day because of Enji." Shoto mumbled, shifting uncomfortably. His fingers twitched and he craved for some type of drug that would calm him down.

   "What was your favorite childhood game?" Gran Torino finished off, smirking softly. Shoto scoffed with a disgusted smile before he parted his lips.

   "I loved hide and seek. Me and my siblings used to call it ' hide from Enji '. Mom ended up winning though. She's still winning."

   The older man laughed and nodded, insisting they had the real Shoto Todoroki. Best Jeanist and Midnight both stared, confused, but Shoto smiled as he was gently punched in the side by Gran Torino. Before the heroes could persue their questions, Best Jeanist and Midnight quickly shared a concerned look. They tried to hint at Gran Torino and it ended up successful. The man stopped teasing Shoto and they became a little softer with their questions and their picking.

   Best Jeanist got a few words out of his mouth, but then Endeavor arrived to the scene. Shoto tried to run but Gran Torino held him back, complaining that he didn't want to listen to the man talk either. Shoto struggled to get away but Midnight grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back, making Shoto stand in front of his father. He swallowed a knot in his throat and he blinked once at his father before he asked if he could help him.

   With an effortless frown, Endeavor sighed and then pulled the bag up. Shoto grinned nervously and watched as his father held up his phone, a vape, a knife, and then cigarettes. Endeavor waited for him to speak but Shoto didn't budge. He didn't know what his father or the others were thinking. He was mostly concerned that this finding would get him kicked out of UA. Shoto hadn't thought this through after all.

   "Care to explain?" Endeavor asked, dropping the bag at Shoto's feet.

   "No." Shoto responded in a quiet voice.

   "Explain." Endeavor demanded.

   "No thank you."

   "Shoto, tell me why the h*ll you have these things before you get me p*ssed off." Endeavor spat, getting closer to his son.

   "Hey—" Midnight started, seeing that Shoto had flinched.

   "I don't have to tell you anything! And you're already p*ssed off!" Shoto suddenly snapped out, regaining the sassiness he had lost.

   "Excuse me?" Endeavor scoffed. "Who—"

   "If you can't hear me, you're the problem. I said what I said loud enough for you to hear." Shoto snarled out. He was shocked by his own mood swing, just like the heroes were too.

   Endeavor stared at his son and then ordered him home. Shoto turned on his heel and stormed off, knowing he'd be butchered with questions later on. He didn't really know how much trouble he'd be in, but he did know his siblings would question him. Shoto started his walk home and he didn't bother once with looking back.