Day Nine IV - Umrah in Ramadan

﷽‏

27. Umrah In Ramadan = Hajj with the Prophet ﷺ
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "...Inform her that (performing ʿumrah in Ramaḍān) is equivalent to performing ḥajj with me."
(Abū Dāwūd 1990)

28. Will You Be of Those Freed Tonight?
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "Indeed Allah has freed slaves (from Hell) every day and night. Every slave from them has an accepted supplication." (Aḥmad 7450)

29. Strive to be like the Prophet ﷺ in the last 10 Days.

"When the last ten days of Ramadān arrived, the Prophet ﷺ would tighten his waist belt (stay away from his wives/strive hard), spend the night in worship, and awaken his family." (Bukhārī 2024)

"The Messenger of Allah ﷺ would combine both prayer and sleep (at night) during the first 20 (days of Ramadān). But when the last ten days arrived, he would exert himself in worship and stay away from his wives." (Aḥmad)

30. Perform I'tikaf (Seclusion in the Masjid) in the Month of Ramadan
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ used to observe iʿtikāf during the last ten days of Ramaḍān. (Bukhārī 2025)

31. Seek A Chance to Be Amongst the Siddiqin & Martyrs.

A man came to the Prophet ﷺ and said: "O Messenger of Allah, if I testify that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah, and that you are the Messenger of Allah, I pray the five prayers, I give zakāh, I fast Ramaḍān and I stand in prayer during its nights; then who do you think I am from?" He g said: "From the Ṣiddīqīn and the martyrs." (Ibn Ḥibbān 3438)

The Ṣiddīqīn are those who have attained the highest status of īmān, conviction and truthfulness. Even in difficult times, their actions consistently verify their words. Examples of such people include the best of the Prophets' followers, such as Abū Bakr al-Ṣiddīq (raḍiy Allāhu ʿanhu).

32. Know Fasting & Qiyam Will Intercede For You.

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "Fasting and the Qur'ān will intercede for the servant on the Day of Judgement. Fasting will say: My Lord, I prevented him from eating and his desires during the day, so accept my intercession on his behalf. The Qur'ān will say: I prevented him from sleeping at night, so accept my intercession on his behalf. Then, both of their intercession will be accepted." (Aḥmad 6626)

33. Pray Qiyam on Laylat al-Qadr.

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "Whoever stands in prayer at night (qiyām) in the Night of Decree (laylat al-qadr) with īmān and hoping for reward, all his previous sins will be forgiven." (Bukhārī 2014)

إِنَّا أَنزَلْنَاهُ فِي لَيْلَةِ الْقَدْرِ ﴿1﴾ وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا لَيْلَةُ الْقَدْرِ ﴿2﴾ لَيْلَةُ الْقَدْرِ خَيْرٌ مِّنْ أَلْفِ شَهْرٍ ﴿3﴾ تَنَزَّلُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ وَالرُّوحُ فِيهَا بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهِم مِّن كُلِّ أَمْرٍ ﴿4﴾ سَلَامٌ هِيَ حَتَّىٰ مَطْلَعِ الْفَجْرِ

Allah (subḥānahū wa taʿālā) says:

Indeed, We sent this (Qur'ān) down on the Night of Decree and Glory. And what will make you realise what the Night of Decree and Glory is? The Night of Decree and Glory is better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit (Jibrīl) descend in it, by the permission of their Lord, for every matter. It is Peace - until the rising of the dawn. (97:1-5)

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "Indeed there are more angels on the earth on that night than the number of pebbles (on the earth)." (Ibn Khuzaymah)

'The angels descend in abundance during this night due to its abundant blessings. The angels descend with blessings and mercy, just as they descend when the Qur'ān is recited and surround the gatherings of dhikr.' (Ibn Kathīr)

Catch this night and it will be as though you've worshipped Allah for 1,000+ months = 83+ years!

34. Pray the Du'a of Laylat al-Qadr
ʿĀ'ishah (ra) asked the Messenger of Allah ﷺ: "If I know which night is the Night of Decree, what do you think I should say during it?" He ﷺ replied:

اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ كَرِيمٌ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّيْ

O Allah, You are the Ever-Pardoning, the Generous; You love to pardon so pardon me. (Tirmidhī 3513)

العفو= The Ever-Pardoning

Al-ʿAfuww is the one who wipes away sins and forgives our shortcomings. Whilst Allah's Name 'al-Ghafūr' also means The Forgiving, al-ʿAfuww is more than that. Al-ʿAfuww is the one who completely removes all traces and consequences of our sins. He wipes them away from the records of the angels: He will not hold us to account for them on the Day of Judgement, nor will He remind us of them to make us feel guilty.

This is why we ask Him in this duʿā' with His Name 'al-ʿAfuww' to forgive us and fully wipe our slates clean.

35. Don't let Ramadan End Without Being Forgiven.

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: "...May his nose be soiled in dust! (i.e. may he be humiliated) - the man upon whom Ramaḍān enters, and then ends before he is forgiven!" (Tirmidhī 3545)
___________________________________
#Duaoftheday

رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ.

My Lord, I seek protection with You from the promptings of the devils; and I seek protection in You, my Lord, from their coming near me. (23:97)

____________________________________
#Challengeoftheday

Quranle.com

~maryambintisa