Day Nine II - Rayyan: A Gate of Paradise

﷽‏

10. Rayyan: A Gate of Paradise

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “Indeed, there is a gate in Paradise called al-Rayyān. Those who fasted will enter through it on the Day of Judgement. No one else will enter through it along with them. It will be said: ‘Where are those who fasted?’ Then they will get up, and there will be none other than them to enter through it. Once they have all entered, it will be closed and no one else will enter through it.” (Bukhārī 1896)

11. Fasting is a Shield
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “Fasting is a shield from the Hell-fire.” (Tirmidhī 764)

12. Whose Fasts are the Best?
A man asked the Messenger of Allah ﷺ: “Which warriors are the best?” He ﷺ replied: “Those who remember Allah the most.” The man asked: “Which of those who fast are the best?” He ﷺ replied: “Those who remember Allah the most.”

Then the man mentioned ṣalāh, zakāh and ḥajj, and each time the Messenger of Allah ﷺ replied: “Those who remember Allah the most.” Abū Bakr (raḍiy Allāhu ʿanhu) said to ʿUmar (raḍiy Allāhu ʿanhu): “Those who remember (Allah) have taken all the good,” at which the Messenger of Allah ﷺ remarked: “Yes, indeed!”
(Aḥmad 15553)

13. Have Iftar Early
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “The people will remain well as long as they hasten the opening of the fast.” (Bukhārī 1957)

14. Know What to Recite after Opening Your Fast.

ʿAbdullāh b. ʿUmar (ra) said: “When the Prophet ﷺ would open his fast, he would say:

ذَهَبَ الظَّمَأُ ، وَابْتَلَّتِ الْعُرُوْقُ ، وَثَبَتَ الْأَجْرُ إِنْ شَاءَ اللهُ.

The thirst has gone, the veins have been moistened, and the reward has been secured, if Allah wills.” (Abū Dāwūd 2357)

15. Feed a Fasting Person
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “Whoever provides iftār for a fasting person, he will have the same reward as him, without anything being diminished from the reward of the fasting person.” (Tirmidhī 807)

16. Get Your Du‘a Accepted
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “There are three whose duʿā’ is not rejected: the fasting person until he opens his fast, the just leader, and the supplication of the oppressed person…” (Tirmidhī 3598)

17. Make Du‘a’ Before Iftar
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “Indeed, the fasting person has a supplication at the time of his Iftār which is not rejected.” (Ibn Mājah 1825)

Ibn Abī Mulaykah said: I heard ʿAbdullāh b. ʿAmr say upon opening his fast,

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ بِرَحْمَتِكَ الَّتِي وَسِعَتْ كُلَّ شَىْءٍ أَنْ تَغْفِرَ لِي

O Allah, I beg Your – through Your mercy which encompasses everything – to forgive me.
(Ibn Mājah 1825)
___________________________________

~maryambintisa