Day three- What We Should Include In Our Schedule II

﷽‏

اَلسَلامُ عَلَيْكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اَللهِ وبركاته

4. Duʿā’

Make a Du'a list.

Although this isn’t a point explicitly connected with planning, making a Dua list is something I highly recommend. This is where you note down, in a list, all the Duas you want to ask Allah. Apart from the list helping you to not leave out anything, the most beautiful part is when you look back on this list, days or months later, and realise how many of your Duas Allah has been answering. There is no moment of greater gratitude.

If you are struggling where to start, below are a few categories. Remember to make this Dua list personal to you. Feel free to add Duas from the Quran and Hadith but also keep in mind that Dua is your personal conversation with your Lord.

Duʿā’ before iftār (and after opening the fast)
Duʿā’ throughout the day when you’re fasting
Duʿā’ in your sajdah
Duʿā’ in the last third of the night, especially in sajdah
Sunnah duʿās, such as before/after eating, entering/leaving the house, using the bathroom etc.

Some of these have incredible rewards, which you shouldn’t miss out on, especially in this blessed month.

Increase your praise (ḥamd) of Allah at the start of your duʿā’. This will specifically help you to build a special bond with Him.

Make a personal Dua for:

Your Hereafter.
Your family and friends
Your Deen (relationship with Allah, Quran, knowledge)
Your Dunya (career, aspirations, marriage).
Your internal state (character, state of heart)

5. Helping Others & Family ties

Try to help others as much as possible, especially the elderly and the vulnerable people in your community.
Maintain family ties and reach out to people you may have cut off contact with.

Choose specific acts of kindness which you will do for your family e.g. unload the dishwasher/give a head massage/help with homework.
Give charity. Try to feed those who are fasting to acquire the reward of their fasts inshallah.

The Last 10 Days.

In the last ten days, intensify your worship schedule, take off time from work (if possible) and use it to focus your connection with Allah (subḥānahū wa taʿālā).

Your Family
If you are a mother or father, don’t be selfish. Be considerate and give your spouse their own ‘alone with Allah’ time whilst you take care of the children. Your spouse connecting with Allah will result in him/her being a better spouse and parent to your children.

Spend quality time with your children. Tell them the stories of the Prophets, Companions and the people of the past. Recite Qur’ān with them. Hold a daily family circle where you can have discussions. Do fun and beneficial activities related to Ramaḍān. (There are many ideas on the internet for various crafts and activities.) Remember to renew your intention for spending quality time with them, and you will be rewarded for this great act of ʿibādah (worship)

in shā Allah.
_________________________________
#Duaoftheday

رَبَّنَا لَا تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِنْ نَسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ ۖ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا ۚ أَنْتَ مَوْلَانَا فَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ.

Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and do not lay upon us a burden as You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and do not burden us with that which we have no ability to bear. Pardon us, forgive us and have mercy upon us. You are our Protector, so help us against the disbelieving people. (2:285-6)

___________________________________
#challengeoftheday

Quranle.com

~maryambintisa