FOREWORD

Hi, I'm DELUXEDUCHESS, nice to meet you!

Thank you for clicking on my book, it means more than you know. I'm finally doing it, writing one of the elaborate plots that has been swimming around in my head for longer than I care to admit.

I have been an avid user of WattPad since the tender age of 18, and I'm now 26. I had always toyed with the idea of writing something, anything, but I never seemed to be satisfied with anything I put down on paper (or rather screen).

In hindsight, I think I needed to mature and live some more life to get to the point where I could clearly communicate all of the things I want to. I want my story to be a good ol' read, with a healthy dose of smut, but still some commentary on life and society ya know?

I think I've finally figured out how to do that. I hope this book allows you to escape during the time you read it. I am quite the critic, and I don't like to feel like I have to completely suspend disbelief to enjoy a story. My aim with this story was to take a common trope on here and retell it through a more realistic lens. I am not a mafioso myself, or anywhere near being adjacent, so I have taken some artistic liberties.

I'm a visual person, so I have a distinct idea of what all my characters look like, however I don't want to rob you of the opportunity to develop your own cinematic universe so I will not be providing a cast list. I might however, let you know in the author's notes, if I have anyone particular in mind. I'll also make sure to add some moodboards where the occasion calls for it.

I want to build a community, so please feel free to comment, ask questions, feedback or anything else that your little heart desires. If you see something you don't like, message me, I'm open to having a conversation. I consider myself quite well educated on identity politics, however, I am not impartial to mistakes and I'm happy to make corrections where necessary.

With all that being said, please enjoy AT WHAT COST?

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
This story is a work of fiction. Names, features and events within this book are a result of the author's imagination, or are being used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblances to real people, living or dead, are purely coincidental.