Chapter 37 - Girls Night

CW: mention heavy topics
——————————————————
6:03 P.M.

Brringggg....brrriingggg

"I'll get it" you say getting up from your seat next to Micheal on the couch. "Hello?"

"Y/n! Perfect!" Astra excitedly says. "You wanna have a sleepover at my house tonight? We'll have a girls night, it'll be so fun!"

"Yeah sure! What time should I come over?"

"Come at likeeee 7- but I'll pick you up! So be ready by then"

"Alright I'll see you then, later"

"Bye!"

Micheal turns his attention to you as you sit back down. "Who was it?" he asks.

"It was Astra. I'm gonna sleep over her house tonight"

"Oh, alright" he says automatically, turning back to the tv. It takes a moment but the words sink into Michaels head- it soon sets in that means he doesn't get to fall asleep with you tonight. The thought bothers him more than it should, but he knows that. "It's just one night- chill Mike. You've slept alone in a bed basically forever, what's the difference now? It's just one night alone. Just one night, just one night, just one night, it's fine I'll be fine just chill, my god am I this pathetic you see her everyday."

Completely disregarding the thoughts he just had, he can't help himself from asking questions. "What time are you going?"

"Seven"

"Wait so you're sleeping there just tonight? Not like tonight and tomorrow night?"

"Yup. Just tonight."

Micheal starts to absently bite on his fingernail, but it doesn't go unnoticed by you. It's that little action that makes you start to catch on to why he's asking so many questions. He's always had a tendency to do that from time to time when he's nervous or overthinking.

"When are you going to come home tomorrow?"

"Hm, I don't know. Depends on how late we sleep in. Probably sometime in the afternoon"

As he opens his mouth to ask another question, you lift your hand and take the finger he's currently biting at out of his mouth and place his hand onto his lap. "I'll be back sooner than you think, Mikey. Promise." You smile. Getting up from the couch and kissing the side of his head, you go upstairs to throw an overnight bag together before you forget. First you throw in your toothbrush and toothpaste, then your hairbrush and deodorant before your clothes.

As your picking out your pajamas and clothes Michael leans on your doorway, silently watching you pack. Once you're done you turn to look at the clock. "6:50. Astra should-"

BEEP BEEP

"Yeah. There she is. I-" before you can get the rest of the sentence out his lips are on yours giving you a quick, but sweet kiss.

"I'll see you tomorrow" you say wrapping your arms around his neck, bringing him into a hug. He buries his head into your shoulder while wrapping his arms around you tightly. "Mhm" he mumbles into your neck.

Ruffling his hair you reluctantly pull away from his tight hold, Astra can be very impatient so taking too long will result in endless, extremely over dramatic teasing from her that "you couldn't bare leave your Mikey". Smiling at the annoying, but funny teasing she'll probably say once you're in the car, you grab your bag off the floor and slip it on, give Michael one last kiss on the cheek, and you're on your way out the door and into Astra's car- well, her moms car that she uses sometimes.