Chapter 36 - Friends or Foes?

CW: Fighting, again lol
—————————————

11:45 P.M.

It's another typical Friday night and everyone including you are chilling in one of the many abandoned, dimly lit parking lots in town. Its behind some abandoned building that is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but then again it seems like a lot of places in this town are in the middle of nowhere, so it's not really that shocking- but it's definitely convenient for when teenagers want to do things they're not supposed to be. It's also pretty cold out, but nobody cares; jackets are made for a reason, and it's at least something to do.

You and Micheal are sitting on the hood of his car while the rest sit in the back of Chris's trunk, except for Jake- who is currently riding around on his skateboard.

"Yo, did you get the stuff Jermey?" Jake asks, coming to a stop. "Yeah, I got the drinks and I got some snacks too"

"Well what the hell are we waiting for then? Bring 'em out!" Jake laughs. Jermey eagerly hops off the trunk and runs around the truck to get the bag of stuff. "I got a radio too" he says holding it up as he comes back around.

Turning it on and switching to a random station, he passes out the beer cans to everyone, except for mike and Chris since they're driving.

The can makes a crisp snapping sound as you open it. The minute the beer hits your tastebuds you have to stop yourself from spitting it out. "Damn what the hell?! What kind of beer is this?! It tastes like battery acid" you complain after forcing it down your throat.

Shuttering after taking a gulp, "I dunno, it's all I could get my hands on, but hey, alcohol is alcohol I guess- whatever gets me drunk" Jermey says.

"Here's to that man!" Jake laughs lifting the can in the air. Everybody else does too, laughing before chugging the alcohol as fast as possible in hopes they won't have time to taste it.

After about ten minutes of watching Jake trying to do an ollie on his skateboard you turn to Micheal. "You got any cigs?"

"You just read my mind" he replies, slipping a pack out from his back pocket. He takes one out and tucks it behind his ear, then pulls out another and hands it to you.

You put the cigarette between your lips and look up at him, waiting for the lighter. He lights his, but instead of handing you the lighter, he lights yours for you. Taking a drag you lean on his shoulder and he wraps an arm around you.

Suddenly, "Out of Touch" by Daryl Hall and John Oates comes on the radio and everyone perks up a little bit. "What're you a grandpa? Turn this shit up" Raiden laughs turning up the radio to full volume. Everyone starts to simply sing along to the song but it doesn't take long before Astra's up and pulling everyone onto their feet. "Come on!" She says excitedly, twirling around. Feeling the buzz from that god awful beer you all drank, dancing around doesn't seem like too bad of an idea to any of you- even though Chris and Michael are sober.

Raiden, Jermey, Jake, Chris and of course Astra are all already up so now that just leaves you and Michael. Wanting in on the fun you slide on the hood of the car. "Coming?" You ask Micheal. "No way I'm dancing while I'm sober" he replies, being stubborn. You shrug while putting out your cigarette with your foot. "Suit yourself then"

Astra comes running over to you and takes your hand right away- pulling you to dance with her. "YOU'RE OUT OF TOUCH, I'M OUT OF TIME, BUT I'M OUT OF MY HEAD WHEN YOU'RE NOT AROUND" You all drunkenly yell while stumbling around. Jake however, instead of stumbling, falls right off his skateboard, causing everyone to nearly double over in laughter. "Okay I guess it's enough with the skateboard" he mumbles into the concrete not even bothering to get up. "Dude you were standing still how did that happen?" Jermey says between laughs. "I don't know man, I do not know." Jake says now getting up and stumbling sideways. Before he can fall yet again Chris wraps an arm over his shoulders: catching him. "Woah- that must've knocked a screw loose, gotta be careful bro, you've already got enough screws loose in there" he says ruffling Jakes hair.