Chapter 10 - Two New Additions

May 13th, 1980

You watched as Michael paced back and fourth in front of the phone in his house. Today was the day Henry's wife was supposed to give birth. He wouldn't leave his house, fearing he might miss the phone call, so you went to his house instead.

"Mikey why don't you come sit? I promise you'll hear the phone from the couch, they're only a few feet away from each other.."

"I can't sit! I need to answer right away!"

"Mikey the phone is a few steps from the couch, it'll be okay. Pacing in front of the phone won't make the call come any faster, you could be standing there for the next 6 hours for all we know"

Michael sighed and reluctantly sat down next to you on the couch, not taking his eyes off the phone.

"Let's play a game"

"What game?" He said turning around

"We can play a game about the baby"

"What do you mean?"

Now you had his full attention.

"We'll let's start with this, do you think the baby will be a boy or girl?"

"Hmmm I thinkkkk aaaaa girl. What about you?"

"I don't know, I really can't pick, I'm 50/50 on both. Okay next question, do you think the baby will be more like Henry or Henry's wife?"

"I think Henry"

"Me too, who do you think the baby will look like more?"

"I think they'll have Henry's hair but Henry's wife's eyes"

"I think the baby will just look like Henry."

Liz made her way into the living room with CC not far behind her.

"Did Henry call?" She asked

"Nope" you and Michael said together

"Oh. Well what are you guys doing"

"We're playing a guessing game about the baby. Do you think it'll be a boy or girl Liz?"

"I want it to be a girl." She stated

"What about you CC?"

"I think a boy" he said 

"Well how much longerrr" liz complained

"Nobody knows" you said. "Why don't we keep playing to pass time"

Everyone sat on the couch and gave their thoughts on the questions. The questions turned into very specific ones since you guys ran out of the generic ones. This went on for an hour and a half.

"What age do you think the baby will be when they're 5 feet tall-"

The phone rang.

Michael basically teleported to the phone, you quickly got up and stood close to him to hear the conversation

"HELLO?!"

"Hi Michael it's Henry, guess what!"

"IS THE BABY BORN?!?"

"Well actually.....

The babies were born, yes." He said. You could hear the smile he had on through the phone.

"HUH?!?!?" You and Michael said simultaneously

Henry laughed.

"Yup! Surprise! We had twins!"

"W-WHAT? WHAT ARE THEIR NAMES? WHAT ABOUT THE GENDERS???" Michael said

"Well, we had a boy and a girl. Sammy and Charlotte."

"NO WAY"

"Yup! You guys can come see them in a few days, once we bring them home. Do me a favor and get you dad for me, I still have to tell him."

"Alright, hold on"

Michael handed you the phone and went to go get his dad. Liz and CC were staring at you from the couch with big eyes. You knew what they were wondering.

"Well? What is it?" Liz asked

"Twins!!" You whisper shouted.

Elizabeth gasped "boys??? girls??? Both???"

"Both! Charolette and Sammy!"

Liz jumped up

"YES!! I'm so excited" she ran around laughing

Michael walked up and knocked on his fathers door.

"Fatha...?"

"Come in Michael. What is it."

"Um Henry's on the phone. He wants to talk to you"

"The baby?" He asked. Michael nodded.

William came down and you handed him the phone. The rest of you went back to the couch and watched William. All of you were very intrigued on what his reaction would be to the news.

"Oh?! Twins?? Well Henry it seemed you got what you had hoped for!" He said slightly laughing "congrats Henry, I'll talk to you later"

"Wow, even William had a reaction." You thought.

And thus, Charlotte and Sammy Emily were born.

A few days later Henry picked you guys up too see the babies. Both had brown hair and eyes, like their father. Charlotte, or Charlie, was really fond of her dad. Anytime he picked her up or held her she immediately stopped crying. Sammy was the same way but with his mother.

You and Michael peeked at the twins while they laid in their cribs.

"Mikey, why did you think the baby would be a girl first, I would've thought you would say a boy"

Michael blushed a little

"I-I don't know.." he broke eye contact

"...... When you're older, you want a baby girl, don't you?" You said smirking. You knew it. You caught him.

"WHAT?? I don't know- I mean maybe" he mumbled the last part and you just giggled.

"Yeah, I can see you with a girl"

"Really?!" His head shot up

"SO YOU DO!" You whisper shouted

"I SAID I DONT KNOW" he whisper shouted back

"YOU ALSO SAID MAYBE"

"I-I GUESS-"

You just kept on giggling at him.

"SHUTUPN/N"

———————————————————-

Hoped you all enjoyed this mini chapter of the birth of Charlie and Sammy, it was fun to write lol :)