Chapter 21 - The Calm Before the Storm

^^Unfortunately idk who's art this is, I found it on Pinterest and couldn't find the artist ):

CW: ((cursing, mention of abuse))

A/N - I was half asleep during the first half of this and had no idea what to write. This chapter is the result.😭
Also,
Enjoy all the fluff...
———————————————————————

Saturday, August 10th, 1985
3:15 P.M

You're waiting in the Afton house by the front door for Michael. He called you to hangout about 10 minutes ago saying he 'needs to go out'. When he came from his room he slammed the door and he pretty much stomps down the stairs."He looks pissed, wonder what happened this time" you think as you watch him pull on his beat up red converse. He's wearing a loose black t shirt with a band logo on it with a pair of shorts.

William appears out of thin air behind you "Leaving?" He asks. You jump a little at his sudden presence. Michael didn't respond and just got up, not even saying a word to you as he speed walks out of the house."Fine then. See you later y/n." William states coldly, turning to go back into his office. You follow Michael, matching his speed. "What happened?"

"Nothing, he's just an asshole."

"Another fight?"

"...Yeah" he huffs, shoving his hands in his shorts pockets. Michael never really talks about the relationship between him and his father, but you know it isn't great. I mean, you don't blame him, you can tell William is definitely... out there -and not in a good or funny way- and based off of the very few things Michael has told you about him, there is no way he's a good father. It seems like it's a touchy subject for Michael so you never really ask about it, but the things he has told you, is hard to even imagine. He's told you that William has locked him and Elizabeth in their rooms for long periods of time, doesn't acknowledge or talk to them ever, and he's just "straight up an asshole"according to Michael.

"We'll do something really fun today" you happily say, looking at the angry boy beside you. He raises an eyebrow and turns to you "What do you mean? Like what?" you giggle and shrug your shoulders. "Actually- come with me" you take his arm and start speed walking down the sidewalk. "Where are we going??" He asks nearly stumbling behind you.

Soon enough, you're pulling him into a 7/11. The air conditioning cools off your sweaty bodies. "Let's get slurpees" You say, running to the back of the store. Michael gets a red one and you get your favorite flavor, you pay for your slurpees and sit down on the curb outside, behind the store. The bright August sun is beating down on your skin and the humidity is making hard to breathe. "Christ it's disgusting out...there's not even any clouds to cover the sun" he holds up a hand to block the sun and looks up. "Yeah, how about we go to my house?" You ask. "Sure"

By the time you get there, the both of you are drenched in sweat and your slurpees are completely melted. Henry is at the pizzeria working, so you have the house to yourself which means you can be as loud as you want and basically do whatever you want. "Well what do we do now" you say standing in front of the air conditioner, in the living room with him.

"Why do we always have this issue"

"Honestly I don't even know". You stare off into space for a few minutes thinking of what the two of you could possibly do. "I mean we're in the house alone so we can play music or a movie loudly I guess but what else could we do..." Long story short you can't figure out what to do. "You know what- I'm just gonna start playing music really loud and I bet we're gonna figure it out" you say as you walk to your bedroom. You throw on a record and turn it on. "Holding Out For a Hero" starts to play. Of course, Michael comes running into your bedroom. "Nonononoooo put on good music like Guns N' Roses-" you start slowly turning up the volume. "What'd you say?"