𝙈𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙤𝙧 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 | 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 𖦹

Y/n was at the highest point in Hawkins, telescope set up at the end of her picnic blanket, and the silence loud. She liked the quiet, but the open field felt so empty without her friends with her. She laid on her picnic blanket with a sigh as she watched the stars, waiting for the shower to start.

There was supposed to be one very soon, and Y/n was going to experience it on her own. She took a deep breath that she really needed and tried her best to keep her heavy eyes open. It was almost 2am and Y/n hasn't slept a wink, waiting for this moment.

She has been wanting to see a meteor shower for a very long time, summer after summer she would hear about it on the news, and summer after summer she would miss it.

But not this time.

Y/n sat up, trying her best to stay awake, which was difficult without the bright beams above her and her friends to keep her conscious.

She stared up at the sky, almost scared to blink. Her E/c eyes shined brightly as she looked up at the stars, although they weren't the ones she wanted to see.

"We thought we'd find you up here!"

Y/n heard a familiar voice from beside her, she looked over to see Mike waving at her, the rest of the party looking at her with smiles from right behind him.

"Hey guys!" She called as she got up from her seated position, Dustin pulling her into a bone crushing hug.

"Hey N/n."

"Hey Dustybun."

"When did you get up here? You could have called us." Lucas asked as he sat down on the picnic blanket with Max at his side.

"I got up here like 3 hours ago, and I didn't wanna wake you guys up."

Everyone made their own positions on the large picnic blanket like they would when they had mid day hangouts, the only difference was everyone was tired out of their minds.

Will looked over and noticed Y/n's slightly anxious expression, "You'll get to see it this year. I promise." He whispered as Y/n looked at his sincere smile.

"Thanks Will." She grinned as she looked back up at the sky, hope filling her heart once again.

_________ ★ _________

An hour later the party still laid there, and the sky was still lacking the bright comets they hoped would be there. Everyone was starting to get tired, Y/n's eyelids felt like they were attached to 100 pound weights, as she looked up at the empty sky.

She finally gave into her exhaustion and closed her eyes. "You guys can go home... I don't think we're gonna see anything this summer.." Y/n let out a defeated sigh as she kept her exhausted eyes shut.

She heard silence for a while, and she thought her friends had left. But that silence was broken by a loud gasp, followed by many others.

"Y/n! Look!" The familiar voice of Max was heard in her ears as she forced her eyes open. Her E/c eyes widened in shock as soon as the opened them. Dozens of meteors soared through the night sky as the friends looked up at them in awe.

Y/n stood up and ran to her telescope, watching the meteors closely as she smiled wide. Her friends watched her excitement as her eyes lit up at the night sky, warming their hearts as they watched their best friends dream come true in front of their eyes.

_________ ★ _________

A/N: I JUST WATCHED THE SEASON 4 TRAILER AND IM SO FREAKING SCARED. IT LOOKED SO COOL THOUGH OMFG