~Prologue~

"How are you feeling Buck?" 

"Not too bad. I'm ready to hug my daughter, I miss her. It's so weird not being with her for this long, I can't imagine what she's been through the past couple days..." he sighed.

"There's no doubt in my mind that she misses you too...I had her for a minute earlier yesterday, and she saw you on the screen and she waved to you." Steve said with a smile. "She's a sweet girl."

"She'll always be my little girl...I just hope she emotionally recovers from all of this." Bucky sighs.

"She will in time. We're here..." Steve smiles as he landed the jet at their rendezvous point. The two of them got off the jet and were met with Natasha and Ivory.

Nat had been holding Ivory on her hip and placed the girl down. Bucky smiled at the all to familiar grumpy frown on Ivory's face realizing she had probably been woken up from a power nap.

"Ivory, guess who's here?" Natasha says to Ivory before pointing out that her father was finally there. Ivory looked up and saw Bucky instantly causing her frown to disappear.

"Daddy!!?!?"

"Hi sweet girl!

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" Ivory yelled crying real tears. She ran as fast as her little legs could take her, crashing into Bucky's chest. She continued crying into Bucky's chest and all Bucky could do was hold onto her tightly as she tried to figure out her emotions.

"H-Hold me D-Daddy, No leave..." Ivory sniffled hanging onto Bucky tighter than she ever has before.

"Hey, Hey, it's alright baby girl, you're safe with me...Daddy won't let anyone take you ever again...They can't scare you anymore, it's all done now."

"Ah done?"

"Yes, it's all done. They can't hurt you now..." Bucky says wiping away Ivory's tears.

"Missed you daddy, missed you." She says

"Daddy missed you too, I missed you so much..." he whispers holding her tight. Bucky looks up at Natasha and says "Thank you..."

"You're welcome Soldier...take care of yourself." Natasha says.

"Thank you Nat..." Steve says. "Until we meet again."

"Until we meet again Cap. Good luck." She says before leaving.

"No leave me Daddy..."

"I'm not going anywhere honey. I won't leave you ever again." He says.

"Daddy have a booboo?" She asks pointing out his non existent metal arm.

"Where were going, I won't need the funny arm anymore, and neither will you." He smiles kissing Ivory's head.

•••••••••••••
Wakanda
•••••••••••••

While the Wakandan doctors were cleaning up Bucky's wounds, he held Ivory tightly in his lap as he stared blankly at the cryostasis chamber. It was a tough decision for him but if it was to protect Ivory from ever seeing the Soldier, he was willing to do it.

"You sure about this?"

"I can't trust my own mind..." he says.

"So until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing

"So until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing...for everybody." He smiled down at Ivory as she sat eating yet another plum as Bucky promised her.

"For her."

As soon as Ivory finished her plum, Bucky wiped her mouth and hugged her closer than he ever had before.

"Listen to me baby doll, Daddy's going to sleep for a while..."

"Daddy go night night?" She asked.

"Yes baby, Daddy's going night night...hopefully it's only for a little while until Daddy's not sick anymore. Do you understand? I'll always be right here with you..."

"Daddy no leave, Daddy go night night." She said smiling.

"I love you so much Ivory Lee. I want you to be a good girl for me okay?" He said getting up to get strapped into the tube.

"Here, go see Steve..." Bucky sighs handing Ivory off to the man. To say the least, Bucky definitely trusted Steve to look after Ivory...he just didn't want to give her up. He was going to miss her.

"When Captain Rogers is unavailable, I will see to it that Ivory is in good hands Sergeant Barnes." Shuri said waving to the small toddler. Ivory hid in Steve's chest, and tried to avoid making eye contact with Shuri.

"Thank you." Bucky said nodding towards T'Challa's younger sister.

"Daddy, wanna hold you..." she says. Steve slowly approaches Bucky and places Ivory on Bucky's chest so they can say their goodbyes.

Ivory hugged Bucky tightly and played with his hair while he planted kisses to her forehead one last time.

"Everything is going to be okay baby doll. I'll see you when I wake up." He says smiling.

"I Love you daddy..." the girl says with tears in her eyes.

"I love you too baby girl, don't you cry, I'll always be with you...it's only for a little while...Remember to Eat plenty of Plums for Daddy..." He smiled as the guard on the tube went up. Ivory watches as Bucky had closed his eyes and as the tube froze him alive before her eyes.

"Night Night Daddy."

~~~To Be Continued~~~