𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐍 & 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

Start from the beginning

"You bitch." Rowley coughed out, struggling to move his lips. "I'll fucking kill you and you bet I'm going to have my fun before I-"

"Maybe you shouldn't have modified that poison."

"Yes, I'm rethinking just paralyzing them too." Callisto huffed, knocking Rowley unconscious by banging his head once at the brick wall.

"Brutal, Claire." Lily said, knocking on the door three times.

The door opened immediately, Lily letting out a chuckle of pure glee as she saw James and Remus waiting outside with Moody.

"Merlin, Claire, he's disfigured!"

"He talks too much." Callisto huffed, exposing Rowley's wrists for Moody to put the handcuffs on.
Callisto immediately threw herself in Remus' arms, the transfiguration spells wearing off, returning her back to her normal appearance.

"Hello, beautiful." Remus murmured, kissing the top of her head. "Are you cold?"

"Kind of." She admitted, the thin material of her dress not doing much for the cold wind howling around them. Remus took a sweater out of his backpack and threw it over her head, Callisto smiling lightly as the warm fabric and the scent of Remus' cologne surrounded her.

"All good, Claire? Evans?" Moody asked, eyeing the two paralyzed men.

"I'll fucking kill you, cunt!" Mulciber hissed, his face red with anger as he obviously tried and failed to move. "I'm going to rip your eyes out and-"

James didn't have to wait more to kick his head roughly, making it swing back violently on the concrete. Silence fell as he passed out, James' jaw clenched in anger.

"These pricks need some manners."

"High-five, Jace." Callisto smiled, her expression immediately turning into a scowl as James went in for a brief side-hug. "I said a high-five, not a hug! Don't touch me, you freak..."

"Not again." Remus groaned, unable to hide a small smile. "Just hug it out, you overgrown babies."

James groaned, "How many seconds this time?"

"Ten." Lily instructed, gesturing at them to hug.

The two friends hugged awkwardly, looking like two pieces of puzzle that were forced to fit together, as Lily counted out loud. The moment she reached ten, they separated as if a powerful force had knocked them back.

"We're getting somewhere." Lily smiled warmly at Remus, who looked quite stunned at the progress, no matter how small.

"You all seem fine to me." Moody stated, sighing. "I'll be taking those two in for interrogation. You four rest and take the day off tomorrow. Remember-"

"Constant vigilance, yes." They all chimed, Moody nodding approvingly.

"Good night, kids."

"Good night, Moody."

~ ~ ~

"Do we have any chocolate?" Callisto asked from the couch, her head resting comfortably on the pillow.

"Is that even a question?" Remus shouted from the kitchen, reaching to the cabinet reserved specifically for his chocolates. He took one from the neat pile, heading back to the living room. Remus plopped down on the couch, Callisto shifting her position to rest her head on his lap.

"What happened to 'big, bad, emotionless Slytherin' Callisto?" Remus teased, brushing the hair away from her face.

"Shut up, Lupin, I'll kick you." Callisto complained, her cheeks heating up. Remus just looked at her knowingly and she put her palm in front of his eyes, the smirk on his lips only growing bigger. "Stop looking at me like that, or I will kick you twice."