𝐎𝐇 𝐋-𝐎-𝐕-𝐄

Song: Happiness is a Butterfly (Lana Del Rey)"I just wanna hold you tight down the avenue

Song:
Happiness is a Butterfly (Lana Del Rey)
"I just wanna hold you tight down the avenue. I just wanna dance with you."

"Peter," Remus called, staring at the ceiling. James and Sirius were off, doing Merlin knows what at that time of the day, meaning that Remus and Peter were finally able to take some much needed time to relax. "Can I tell you something?"

The boy hummed positively, "Are you a werewolf?"

"No, I'm in love." He responded, the words rolling off his tongue like a hurricane being constrained for far too long.

There was no response.

"Peter, I am in love." Remus repeated, frowning slightly. "Like actually in love. With a girl."

"The gents in the Remus Lupin fan club won't be too excited about that." Peter pondered, staring off at the distance.

"Are you not surprised? That I'm in love."

"No, I'm more surprised it's with a girl if we're being frank." The boy responded, sitting down on Remus' bed. "Owen Laims had you on a chokehold."

"Unfortunately, he didn't." Remus chuckled, shaking his head. "And yes, it's a girl this time. And it's not like it was with Owen. This feels...like someone lit my ass on fire."

"Oh l-o-v-e..." Peter hummed. "So, have you told Callisto?"

"No, why would I tell Callisto?" The boy blushed furiously, sitting up straight to take a look at Peter. Now, Peter wasn't the most observant bloke, coming a close second to James who had earned the title after falling straight on a wall in second year, but even he could tell there was something more going on between the two alleged friends.

"On second thought, you do have a point." Peter agreed. "You're just madly in love with her. Nothing to fret over."

"I'm not." Remus stated, completely disregarding everything he had said before.

"You literally just said you are."

"I was young and immature." Remus insisted, patting Peter's shoulder. "Not to mention, that I was laying on the bed. It's been scientifically proven to make you dumb and delirious."

"And sitting straight puts you in denial."

"Point taken." Remus mumbled grumpily. "All I'm saying is, telling her doesn't matter. It's not like she could ever like me back."

"Why not?" Peter wondered, sincere confusion in his eyes. "She spends time with you and she flirts with you a lot."

Remus chuckled bitterly, "I can't tell if she's flirting with me, with you or with everyone in this fucking castle."

"I can tell she's clearly flirting with you and only you." The boy confirmed, handing him one of his pumpkin pasties. "And maybe a bit with Marlene on occasions, but I think that's just what girls do."