𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐍 & 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Then, we should arrange it. I believe those are the paintings you mentioned." Rowle said, pointing at a portrait. "I find it rather incomplete, if I'm being honest with you."

Callisto just nodded in agreement, her eyes scanning the room. They had studied the manor for weeks at an end, to the point where she knew it better than her own apartment. She easily spotted the two secret entrances, the change in texture of the wall screaming for her attention.

The door opened, Lily sending Rowley a charming smile as she entered the room with Mulciber behind her. The men greeted each other with a court nod, both too entranced by the women next to them admiring the art to exchange further words.

Mulciber and Rowle didn't notice Lily locking the main door behind her, kicking the small key with a shift movement outside the room. The only exit they knew was now a dead-end. Rowley was loosening the tie around his neck and Mulciber was sitting on the leather couch, as red as a tomato from the suffocating feeling. Yet, his eyes still remained on Lily, who was moving around the room with the same grace.

"Rowley." Mulciber called, coughing slightly. "Beautiful bird you got there."

It was loud enough for Callisto to hear, her eyes narrowing into poisonous slits as she looked at Lily. Her jaw was clenched, the two women remaining silent.

"Thank you." Rowley laughed, placing an arm around Callisto's waist. "Carmen, darling, this is Gregory Mulciber."

"It's an honor to meet you, Sir."

"Is everything alright, Mr. Rowley?" Lily asked, feigning ignorance. "You look rather pale."

"Everything is fine, sweetheart, do not worry about me." Rowley laughed, waving his hand dismissively.

"Florence is quite the poet, Marcus." Mulciber said, gesturing to Lily. "I think we should all meet again one of these days. Florence, darling, I believe you owe me a poem."

"Now, do not be impatient, Mr. Mulciber." Lily playfully said, noticing the man growing more uncomfortable by the second as the poison took action.

"It's only natural when a talented woman like you promises me such a lovely gift." Mulciber coughed. "Carmen, are you interested in poetry too?"

Lily slowly reached for her wand, noticing the malicious glint in Callisto's eyes.

"No, I'm interested in sculpture." Callisto answered, smirking. "It's rather fascinating how cell after cell, every part of your body seems to turn into stone when you drop just a bit of gelsemium extract in one's champagne."

Before they had the chance to register her words, Lily had pulled Mulciber close to her chest, the tip of her wand pointing at his neck. Callisto did the same, muffling Rowley's scream with her palm as she pointed her wand at his scrotum.

"Silence." Lily hissed, digging further into his neck. "Don't make this harder for yourselves, this is already over."

They didn't have the chance to even yell for help, as their legs grew numb, the sensation spreading to their arms and torso.

"You'll find you can still talk." Callisto explained. "This is because someone much more violent than us is going to interrogate you. So, I suggest you keep the yelling to the minimum."

Lily opened the secret passage, shoving Mulciber inside.

"The last thing you want is to harm your vocal cords right when you need them the most." The girl continued, closing the door as they all entered the passage. "A bird that doesn't sing is no good."

"In other words," Lily explained. "You either shut up, or die."

"Thank you, Evans." Callisto smiled cheekily, pinching Rowley's cheek. "Aren't you an absolute asshole, Rowley? Yes, you are."