ᶠⁱᶠᵗᵉᵉⁿ✓

Start from the beginning

♧♧♧

(Other characters outfits are pinned above)

D

ressed in a heavy Maroon lehenga, there stood the bride in front of the mirror fidgeting with her fingers in nervousness. She looked gorgeous in the dress as it hugged her figure perfectly and the dedicated and beautiful designs made the dress more beautiful. A crimson-colored heavy stole was placed on her head flowing through her figure as her loose hairs were playing on her face.

In short, she looked like a complete enchantress.

Ayana was lost in her thoughts when a knock was heard. Thinking it to be Myra she replied,
"Come in!"

"Ma Sha Allah!"
Entering the bride's room, Mr. Malik muttered, making Ayana look at her father, surprised.
"May Allah always keep you happy."
Softly kissing his daughter's forehead, Mr. Malik added.

"It seems like only yesterday I was watching you run and play. And today... today you are here looking as beautiful as ever in your wedding attire... ready to start a brand new journey of your life."
With his soft eyes, he glanced at his daughter.
"I can't help but reflect on all the years I was lucky enough to watch you grow and become the beautiful woman that you are today."

"Dad!"
Getting emotional, Ayana hugged her father.

"Wanna know a secret?"
Hugging her back, Mr. Malik whispered.

"What?"
Curiously Ayana asked.

"Don't tell your brothers but among the three of you,"
Indicating his children, he said, making Ayana laugh.
"You have always been special to both of us, your mother and I."

"And always remember, forever in our hearts you always will be the most special one."
Then breaking the hug, Mr. Malik took her hand in his.
"I have always wanted to say this to you and today seems to be the perfect day. Ayana, my dear daughter, I'm so proud of you. For the person that you have become and for all the decisions that you have taken so far, I'm so proud of you."

This time Ayana couldn't help but tear up. Since the morning, she has been feeling anxious and restless. It seemed like she wanted something but didn't really know what it was that she wanted. But now hearing her father, she realized. She realized that it was the exact words... the exact words she craved to hear.

"Of all the things I've done in my lifetime, being your father and caring for you is by far my biggest achievement."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she somehow managed to say the only thing that she truly felt that time.

"I love you, dad."

"Thank you... Thank you for being... such an... amazing father. Thank you so much."
No words were exchanged as the father and daughter continued to hug each other with tears, feeling grateful to have each other.