ᵗʰⁱʳᵗʸ ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ ✓

With my bruised feet,
I can't get out of this maze.
I try to find my lost wings, that is you.
To carry me to the familiar memories,
To your side, so I can breathe again.
So show me your light
So that I can be released,
Can get out of here.
And as I wish for it,
In the blurry memories
From the other side of my dreams,
I hear your voice calling me.
The voice gets clearer and clearer
As it pulls me out of this maze.

•••

"I don't know why Maa is overreacting like this!"
Imraan let out his frustration in front of Ayana, who all this time silently listened to him.

"Maybe she has a reason for acting in this manner."
Calmly Ayana spoke, making Imraan look at her.
"Honestly, Imraan, I think you should listen to her. I mean if she's against you finding out about your past, then I'm sure she has some solid reasons for that."

"Maybe you are right. Maybe she has some solid reasons for acting like this but-"
Imraan said with a sigh.

"-I want to know. I want to know about my past. I want to know why, why they abandoned a six-year-old, and what made them do that. "
Indicating his real parents, Imraan spoke.
"I really want to know."

"You tell me, Ayana. Don't I have the right to know at least this much?"
Looking at Ayana, Imraan asked.

"You do but-"
Ayana stopped before looking back at her.
"How are you going to find out? You don't remember anything and I bet Maa or others won't disclose anything so how are you going to find it out?"

"I was thinking of taking a therapeutic approach."
With hesitation, Imraan replied.

"Don't tell me... you are thinking of..."

"Memory retrieval therapy."
Imraan completed Ayana's sentence making her eyes wide.
"Yes, yes I'm thinking of it and I need your help in this. I need you to suggest a therapist for this."

"Imraan, I-I can't. I- Look,"
Ayana took Imraan's hand in hers.
"I get that you are desperate but this therapy- as a doctor, I can't- I don't suggest this to you."

"What do you mean?"
Taking his hand back, Imraan frowned at her.

"Look, the concept of repressed memories is a topic of debate within the field of psychology. Some professionals argue that memories of traumatic experiences can be repressed or blocked out of consciousness,"
Ayana explained.
"while others contend that the retrieval of repressed memories is unreliable and can sometimes be influenced by any external factors."

"How can I allow you to proceed with the therapy when I'm not 100% sure of its effectiveness?"

"I understand your concern but it does work. The therapy- it worked for the majority of people. And I believe,"
Imraan tried to pursue Ayana.
"That'll work for me too."

"Imraan, I-"

"Please, Ayana."
Cutting her off, Imraan softly spoke.
"Everyone is already against me. Can't you be on my side? Please?"

Imraan almost begged through his hypnotizing emerald eyes that were a bit red and swollen, and for a moment, Ayana felt like she was sitting in front of a six-year-old who for once was for someone to be on his side. His innocent and desperate look along with his delicate features made Ayana feel so protective of Imraan. Seeing him like this, she couldn't help but agree with him.