ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ ✓

When you knocked,
I only remember trembling 
Behind closed door.

But my eyes opened 
At your warmed 
When you came 
And held me.

~ Ayana.

■■■

Seeing Ayana running upstairs followed by her family, Nila sighed loudly before rolling her eyes.

'What a drama queen!'
She thought before getting up from the chair. Then taking her purse, she walked out of the Quraish Villa unaware of someone following her.

Just when she was about to walk towards her car someone caught her hand making her flinch. 

"You did it intentionally, didn't you?"
Stopping her from taking another step, Saad angrily asked.

"What are you talking about?"
Nila frowned as she tried to free her hand.
"Leave my hand!"

Instead of leaving, he gripped her hand more tightly.
"How could you stoop so low, Nila? Knowing what she went through, how could you do this to Ayana?"

"What the hell are you saying?"
Annoyedly Nila spoke.
"You are hurting me! Leave my hand!"

"Don't act innocent! I saw you!"
Saad loosened his grip but didn't free her hand.
"I saw you giving that CD. You intentionally told the organizer to play it just to mess with Ayana."

"I have no freaking idea what you are talking about. I did give the CD to the organizer but it's only because a random man asked me to do it."
Gritting her teeth, Nila said.
"Now leave my hand if you don't want to get hurt."

"You think I'll believe you?"

"I'm not lying. Whether you believe it or not is completely up to you."
Nila glared at him.
"Now leave my hand or else-"

"Or else what? You are gonna hit me like last time?"
Saad snickered.
"That time I was caught off guard but not this time."

"Why are you here, Saad? Instead of running after Ayana, why the hell are you pissing me?"
Nila took a deep breath before looking at him.
"Look, I don't know what happened to her, nor do I have any idea how that CD has anything to do with the way she reacted. So asking me all these meaningless questions is just a waste of your time."

Saad looked at her trying to figure out whether she was lying or not. Unable to detect any lies, he slowly released her.
"If I got to know that you lied, I swear you'll see the worst of me."

"Annoying!"
Rolling her eyes, Nila mumbled before walking away.

'If Nila is saying the truth then…'
Saad thought while looking at Nila's retiring figure.
'…who handed Nila that CD?'

♧♧♧

Once Ayana ran upstairs in the middle of the ceremony, the guests started gossiping and asking questions about her sudden disappearance. While answering the guests, Sherebano Quraish looked at Imraan and then with her eyes ordered him to go and check up on Ayana. Understanding his mother, Imraan nodded and then walked towards the stairs. Just when he was about to climb the stairs, he heard a couple of ladies gossiping.

"Poor boy! At first, the previous fiance ran away just a week before the wedding and now even before the completion of the engagement the girl ran away!" 
One of the ladies said.