Home

I stared out my window, I swear I can see one of those demons. Wonder what it's doing so far into the countryside, pretty sure the hunters took care of the few out here. I looked around and decided to ignore it, the things not hurting anyone I guess. Though once I cleaned up my dinner and went to bed, I decided to get some preventative stuff.

I drove off to the shops the next day and came back with a silent horn, apparently it lets off a sound that scares away demons. I spent the rest of the day taking care of my parents garden, they are out for a few weeks, and my brother was to busy to help out, honestly it's nice, the countryside is quite peaceful compared to the hustle and bustle in the city.

I looked up at a noise, it seemed the demon was eating the fruits from one of my father's trees. I know if my family saw it, they'd either kill it or trap it, they apparently make sellers good money, forcing the demons into labour work and other less dignified sorts of work... It growled and grunted as it climbed higher into the tree, far more agile then I am.

I guess I'm a wuss, I don't like hurting things, I couldn't possibly kill it, I cry if I even kill a beetle. It jumped from the tree on sturdy feet. It's sharp tipped tail seeming to hover as it wrapped around it's abdomen without touching himself with it. It was taller then I expected and slowly moved closer, bright green eyes staring into mine. I grew nervous at the distance. I don't know how dangerous it could possibly be.

It reached forward with a clawed hand and I squeezed the horn, holding my eyes shut. I could hear a cry, followed by desperate growls and whimpers, I slowly peaked my eyes opened and gasped, dropping the air horn and covering my mouth. It was cowering and covering it's ears. Blood seeping between it's fingers. I felt guilty.

"Oh no. I didn't know it hurt you, I thought it was just to scare you! I..." I exclaimed, my brother is confident and would have ended the thing. But I'm soft, I can't leave it to suffer or kill it. I gently grabbed it's elbow and led it inside, surprised by how easily it followed me. It had it's eyes closed tightly as it dealt with the pain. I rushed it to the bathroom and shoved it into the shower. Turning the water on warm. It stopped and looked around, seeming dazed and confused, before backing into the tile wall as it noticed me.

"Shh it's ok, that's it. I'm nice see. I won't.... Ow!" I had been showing my hands to show I wasn't a threat and I guess I had gotten to close to the poor thing. It had scratched my arm pretty badly and I fell to my knees, clutching the bleeding wound as I took deep breaths.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have approached, I should know better then to approach a scared and cornered animal" I gasped, the wound hurting a great deal. I glanced up, seeing the demon crouch and reach out a hand, I flinched a little but decided to not cause more fear by freaking out.

It grabbed my sore arm and sprinkled water over the wound. I met it's eyes in surprise, it seems smart. Cleaning my wound? Is it it's way of apologising? By the sad and concerned look in it's eyes, I almost considered it human like. It is humanoid in features. Except with horns curling around it's pointed ears and a tail, fur around it's ankles and wrists.

"Your ears have stopped bleeding it seems. I'll grab a towel, and my med kit" I exclaimed, slowly standing and walking to the sink, grabbing my towel and scanning the cupboards for bandages.

Not finding what I was looking for, I turned around, towel in hand. The demon had left the shower and I examined it, it seemed intrigued by the room. I didn't like my position, I'm trapped between the sink and demon. It moved closer to me, reaching for me, making me gasp and back up, crashing into the sink and falling on my ass, letting out a small 'ow'.

It stopped moving and seemed to somehow know it had startled me. But I am determined to help it, even if I am afraid of it, mum always said I'm crazy helping stray animals and getting hurt. Always being afraid of them, but determined to help them.