Tom scrunched up his face in disgust. Him? On the streets? "On the streets?"

     Cerys gave Tom a tight, fake smile. "Yes, Tom. On the streets, because you can not stay in a hotel without money, and it's not like we can give them an object turned to coins. They check for that you know."

     "I'm sure there are better places to stay the night." Tom said, watching as Cerys turned on her heel and made her way to an alley nearby.

     "Other than the forbidden forest, I'm not too sure. But by all means, be my guest."

     With a huff, Tom followed behind Cerys, eying the stone ground she took a seat on uneasily before reluctantly sitting across from her. Light didn't reach this part of the village, darkness blanketing the area, the only source of light being from the street. Begrudgingly, Tom stared at Cerys who had her head leaned against the wall of a house with her eyes closed.

     "What are you glaring at me for? You're the one who couldn't find his way."

     "Have I ever told you how much I hate you?"

     "I'm sure you could write an essay on it, but you can do that later, right now, I'm exhausted." Cerys replied with little care.

     The pair remained silent after that, shifting in their place every now and then in hopes to find a comfortable position. At one point, Cerys had her legs propped up against the wall, her head resting on the floor. How she managed to attain such a position, Tom had no idea, but he knew that neither of them would not be sleeping that night. Grumbling under his breath about how cold and uncomfortable the floor was, Tom repositioned his back against the wall. He caught Cerys staring up at him, though she soon averted her gaze when he saw her. Tom himself looked away, unsure of what to do. An awkward silence soon filled the air, and the pair's shifting and squirming only increased. To start conversation, Cerys spoke up.

     "Prewett helped me." Tom raised his eyes, eyebrows knitting together in confusion. "She said that she couldn't put another girl in trouble like that."

     Tom stared at her in disbelief. "To think Prewett would ever help you when just a few weeks ago she was ready to have your head."

     "That was your fault. You insinuated that I like you." Cerys said, shooting him a dirty look.

      A grin spread across his face, his pearly whites gleaming in the dark atmosphere. "Do you not?"

    "No!" Cerys exclaimed in exasperation.

     Amused, Tom start shaking his head. "No, no. I'm aware of how you feel about me."

     Cerys rolled her eyes. "You're so full of yourself that you're starting to imagine people like you." Cerys said. "You might want to get that checked."

     "Imagining? If I were imagining then you wouldn't have dragged me into this." Cerys scoffed. "Admit it Grahamm, you're glad I'm here with you, because you couldn't have lived without me."

    "I think that sleep deprivation is starting to get to you, Tom. Go to sleep." Cerys said, silently admitting that yes, a very tiny part of her was glad that she was with Tom.

  Morning light creeped up the alley way, informing the pair that it was now time to leave. Tom and Cerys had gotten just an hours worth of sleep, both at separate times, though it was enough to get them moving. The streets of Hogsmeade were finally hustling and bustling. Children squealed, wizards and witches bumped against one another as they tried to get to their destination. With a deep sigh, Tom stood up, waiting for Cerys to follow suit. No one noticed them as they emerged from the alley way, too busy in their own world's to care of another's.