✧Lan Zhan- Blinded pt. 6 (final)✧

YOU OPENED YOUR eyes to the bright sun shining through your window, and it took you a total of ten seconds to realize that you were lying in your bed, not the bed you had been occupying in Lan Zhan's room. That meant that he must have felt well enough to return to his cottage. That or he wanted to be alone. He did enjoy being alone.

After looking around the room and managing to get up and walk around your house, you realized that neither of your brothers were staying in your cottage, which was odd. Usually when one of you was injured, your siblings would stay by the injured sibling's side until they were healed again. So for your brothers not to be here, something must have happened.

You noticed a doctor's bag next to your bed, which let you know that your injuries had been taken care of earlier. You must've been unconscious for a while, because when you peeked underneath the bandages nestled below your breasts, the stitches were out of your gash and the scars were fresh, which meant that the injury had healed, but the scar would remain forever.

As soon as you awoke, you had also noticed the obvious weakness in your body that came from your golden core being crushed. No longer could you perform amazing feats of cultivation, nor exorcise any demons. Like a commoner woman, you would be forced to hide in your home as those that could cultivate slayed any threats for you. With your fingers lingering on your bandage, you cursed your stupidity. Why had you rushed Wen Zhuliu the way you had? Your impatience truly had destroyed you.

After resting for another hour, the sun was higher up in the sky and brighter. You figured that it was almost noon and you felt well rested, so you might as well go outside and interact with your clan again. You had no clue how long you'd been unconscious for, but it had to have at least been a few weeks for your wound to close and a scar to form.

The Lan clan, despite all their shortcomings, was quite loving towards their disciples. You certainly would receive a lot of love walking outside after your injury. You loved your clan because of the love they showered their members with. Without their love, you wouldn't have gotten through a lot of hard times. You could never reciprocate it, but you would try until the day you died.

After getting dressed in a less heavy white hanfu, you left your cottage and walked around the grounds of Cloud Recesses. You got a lot of glances from men and women alike, and you were concerned by them. They weren't the normal glances of admiring your beauty, but instead glances of pity and sadness. Were they sad that you had been injured, that your core had been crushed? You doubted that. The Lan clan was not one to show emotion over something like that. They would treat you the exact same way as they did when you had your core when you got it crushed. So it must be something different...

You decided to go to talk to your Uncle Quiren about this, thoroughly confused as to why everyone you looked at was giving you such saddened, pitiful looks. When you walked into the rooms where Quiren held lectures, they were empty of all but a few disciples, lying with their heads down on desks and occasionally writing in long scrolls with seemingly endless writing on them.

One of the disciples kindly informed you that it had been three weeks since the lectures ended, and you had been unconscious for four weeks. The disciple also directed you towards where Quiren was, which was, surprisingly, your younger brother Lan Zhan's cottage. When you asked why he was there, the disciple said something that made your heart break.

"After you fell unconscious, Clan Leader Xichen carried you back to your cottage. Second Young Master was at a lecture at the moment, so Clan Leader rushed to the lecture to tell him. When Second Young Master heard this news, he had some sort of panic attack, making a scene during the lecture. Quiren Lǎoshī* got angry and beat the young master three hundred times with the whips. Now young master is refusing to eat and will not sleep, saying he wants to go to heaven and meet you again. Clan Leader Xichen is depressed and won't eat or sleep either. Quiren Lǎoshī feels remorse for his actions and is at the cottage begging for forgiveness."