✧Scaramouche- Silent✧

THE DEATH OF L/N Y/N was a very popular topic in Inazuma that year.

Them and their boyfriend, a rich young man who went by the name Scaramouche, were hanging out on the beaches outside the city, when a tsunami wave swept poor young Y/N away from their handsome young lover. Everyone assumed they were dead, but their body had never been found on the beaches, so there was no way to know for sure.

Scaramouche was devastated by this event, and he swore that until he saw his love again, or saw a sign that they were alive, he would be silent and not say a word for years. He kept this oath for many years, even when he became a Fatui harbinger and moved to Snezhnaya for his obligations. He never said a word, keeping silent until he saw Y/N again.

Until he set his eyes on you again, he wouldn't speak at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yu Ling, how many times do I have to tell you to deliver that one damn package? Just do it!"

Upon hearing your alias, you turned to see your boss, a short and stout man who insisted you just call him Wu, standing behind you with a yardstick in his hands. When he saw that you were looking at him, he hit you on the back with the yardstick, making you cry out in pain and curse angrily.

"Where does this need to be delivered to?" you asked Wu, picking up the package and getting shocked by the light weight. The box had been labeled as fragile, but you didn't know that the product in it would weigh so little. Usually, fragile things weighed a lot much more than this.

"You need to take this order all the way to Mondstadt," Wu said, making you groan in annoyance. Walking all the way to Mondstadt would take multiple days, and you would have to bring camping supplies. You hated long distance deliveries.

Noticing your annoyance, he added, "You don't need to walk there. I can pay for a carriage for you, if you like. Long distance deliveries annoy me too."

You were always confused by Wu's rapidly changing moods. Not a moment ago, he had hit you with a yardstick and yelled at you, but now he was being nice to you and helping you? How odd.

"I'd be glad for that," you said, smiling at the small man. "I'll wait by the bridge for the carriage, alright?"

Wu gave you a nod and disappeared into the slow moving crowds in the Liyue streets. Seeing so many people move around at once, socializing in various ways, you were reminded of your homeland Inazuma. Inazuma City, the capital, was always bustling with people. Whether they were there to shop, hang out, or do a variety of other things, the streets were always filled with people. Liyue was different from Inazuma in many ways, and their capital city of Liyue Harbor was smaller, but it was just as packed, if not more.

Holding the box you had to deliver close to your chest with both hands so that you wouldn't drop it and break the fragile objects in it, you went over to the bridge that was near to Wanmin Restaurant, and waited for a carriage to come. After a quick conversation with the driver, you managed to get in free of charge with a promise that Wu would pay later. The rolling motion of the wheels and the gentle voice of the driver commanding the horses made you feel drowsy, and you ended up falling asleep in the soft cushioned seats.

When you woke up, you had reached the gate of Mondstadt, and it was late at night. You thanked the driver for driving you there and got out of the carriage, watching as it drove away. Then you looked at the address that had been stamped on the box, heading right there after you got your bearings.

Once you reached the house, you couldn't believe your eyes.

That young man standing in the open doorway...

Was that Scaramouche?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scaramouche was furious. The astrologist Mona Megistus had cheated him yet again. She had given him a false fortune, saying that he would see his love soon. As he hadn't seen even any signs of them, he felt lied to. He had come to Mona's home to demand retribution, but she didn't want to let him in. He didn't want to have to speak. He'd upheld that oath for the most part, only speaking softly and barely any words when he needed to. He certainly had never yelled. But it seemed like he had to yell to get the lie that he would see Y/N again rectified.

"Excuse me, I have a delivery for this house. Would you step away from the door?"

A light and cheery voice spoke up from behind him, and he turned around to see a young person his age standing there. They looked familiar, but he couldn't recognize them in their foreign clothing from Liyue.

Wait...

It was Y/N!

Scaramouche immediately threw his arms around you and started to murmur into your hair, repeatedly saying your real name, not your alias.

You were confused for a few minutes, then your confusion turned into horror when you noticed that Scaramouche was sobbing. He had really reacted in such a serious way by simply seeing you. You didn't know your rumored loss affected him this much. He never cried, even when something terrible happened. But now he was sobbing and hyperventilating in front of you.

"Scara... I found you again..." you said softly, running your fingers through his short black hair in an attempt to calm him down.

He grabbed your arm by the wrist and you stopped touching him, afraid that he didn't like it and that he was going to hurt you for your insolence.

"Y/N... I swore an oath that I would never talk until I saw you again... do I look attractive to you? Does my voice sound alright?"

Perhaps inappropriately, you laughed loudly. This was classic Scaramouche, trying to dodge emotional moments by asking questions about any other topic but the topic you had been discussing. It made a great weight leave your chest to see him acting normal now. Seeing him cry had been a shock to your system. You had been afraid that he had changed seriously in the many years you hadn't seen him. You were reassured to know that he was still the same.

"You're handsome as ever, my love," you said.

You noticed the inquisitive blue eyes of a young woman peeking out through the window. Judging by her clothing, she was an astrologist, and the package you were holding was probably for her. You gave her a friendly smile and put the package down by her door. You noticed her pale hands flashing out from the darkness inside and picking the box up, then you watched her slam the door closed. Evidently, now that you had delivered your box, you were not welcome.

"Let's get something to eat and talk together," Scaramouche said.

"That sounds good," you agreed.

He took your hand in his and you walked together to Good Hunter to order some food.

Before you ordered, he gave you a long and deep kiss. The kiss seemed to make your entire body shake and vibrate with the amount of passion it had in it. You pulled away from him with a look of shock on your face.

"I missed you," he said, in a voice low and husky with passion and tears.

"I'll never leave you alone," you told him, gently stroking his back. "I'll always come back to you."