✧Nan Feng- Jazz Bar✧

A/N- This is a songfic to a really good song that I love called Jazz Bar by Dreamcatcher. Here is the lyrics video if you want to follow along.

YOU WERE A singer at a jazz bar. Many times, people came there that you felt more interested in than others. But one night, while you were singing a specific song, you noticed a man that seemed more special than the rest. As you sang, he watched you, peeking around the door with his dark eyes and hiding his face with his long black hair when your eyes met his. His face was the most beautiful, statuesque face you had ever seen, and the expression he wore, a weary one of hopelessness and sadness, called to you.

He returned many nights after that, but never came further than the doorframe, always just standing there and watching you.

One night, you sang this song for him, hoping this would get the point across that you wanted him to come up and talk to you.

"In between the descending red lights, I can feel your gaze~"

His dark eyes kept on flickering to you when he thought you weren't looking, curiosity filling them. You gave him a smile, and he would flutter away, just like a beautiful butterfly. You wished for him to come closer, so you could touch his hands, hold him in your arms, love him.

"Fallen deep in my humming, you send me a sweet look..."

He was getting bolder now, you noticed. He entered the room and stood near the doorway, smiling at you with his half-moon eyes. You felt the happiness in his eyes flow into you, and you were energized.

"Why do you gently enter through the door gap and only look at me every day?"

You could tell that he knew that line was for him. He blushed in a cute way and  looked down, undoing his ponytail so that he could hide his face in his straight wave of black hair.

"When our eyes meet, I want to stop my singing; I want to approach you and whisper to you~"

He looked up momentarily and met your eyes. You smiled at him and beckoned for him to come closer. His blush got darker, and he shook his head and hid again. You cursed his shyness as you got into the chorus.

"I feel I love you, oh I love you. Oh I like you, do I know you?"

He started to bob his head up and down to the song, and his hair flew away from his face, revealing his beauty to you once again.

"I think I love you. Oh, I love you. Oh I like you, maybe you'll feel it too..."

Slowly but surely, he began to approach you, coming closer and closer to the stage until he was right underneath you.

"What's your name?" you called to him.

"Nan Feng!" he responded. "You're so beautiful, and you're a very good singer. I think I... I may be in love with you."

You smiled the brightest smile you could at the handsome young man and responded simply, "Me too."

"Even at the tiniest movement, I'm here to respond. Baby you know it, I know that you know it..."

You saw Nan Feng start to sway and do some clearly improvised dance moves. He looked funny, but you also enjoyed seeing him dance to your music. Not that many people danced to sad jazz, and you were happy that he was different.

"Perhaps we are quite similar, it seems like we're having the same thoughts and wanting something~"

You didn't notice it at the time, but you were also dancing in a way- swaying like a reed in the breeze, left and right, left and right. You heard footsteps on the stage behind you, and turned to see Nan Feng standing behind you, hesitating to come forward. You handed him the mic, and he came closer to you so that your bodies were almost touching.

"Why do you gently enter through the door gap and only look at me every day?"

Now both you and Nan Feng were singing together, and you were pleasantly surprised to find out that he had a beautiful singing voice. You complimented his voice softly between your singing lines, and he blushed once again. He seemed to be relatively shy when it came to compliments, at least from you.

"When our eyes meet, I want to stop my singing; I want to approach you and whisper to you~"

"You have a beautiful voice, too," Nan Feng whispered. "I've been admiring it from afar for many days now. I'm a shy person, you see, I don't find socializing with people I find attractive too easy."

You hummed in response and gave his hand a little pat. You were in the middle of your line, you couldn't stop singing now. More and more people were gathering around to see your performance, you had to make them proud!

"I feel I love you. Oh, I love you. Oh, I like you. Do I know you?"

Nan Feng and your harmonizing was perfect on that part. You felt like jumping up in the air and pumping your fists up with a cheer. You had never sung this well in your life.

"I think I love you. Oh I love you. Oh, I like you. Maybe you'll feel it too..."

Again, your harmonization was perfect, and you noticed that Nan Feng had started to sing a little louder. He was gaining confidence, and it made you happy to see.

"If you're going to approach me now, please don't hesitate and come straight to me..."

Nan Feng's voice was loud at that line, making your voice sound nonexistent, as if he had sung the line solo. Even when he was belting out the lyrics, his voice sounded beautiful. Could it ever not sound beautiful? you wondered.

"Let's not do awkward greetings, like an old couple."

You belted that line out, and your voice sounded far less attractive than Nan Feng's, but he still gave you a bright smile when you finished the line. What a nice guy...

"I feel I love you, oh I love you. Oh I like you, do I know you?"

You were singing your lines together now, and you felt the sneaky touch of Nan Feng wrapping his arms around your waist. Instead of pushing him away, you melted into his gentle touch, and were rewarded with him releasing his grip on you and letting you sing the last line comfortably.

"I think I love you, oh I love you. Oh I like you, maybe you'll feel it too."

After you sang that line, you quickly got off the stage, immersing yourself in the joyful crowd. Holding Nan Feng's hand in yours, you ran outside of the jazz bar and kissed on a bench under the neon lights.

"I really do love you," he said between the kisses.

"I love you too," you responded, as you melted into his arms once again.

A/N- I really love writing songfics, maybe I'll write some more in the future! I hope you enjoyed this one!