✧Albedo- Fear✧

A/N- This fanart is so beautiful! There are so many great fanart artists, I'm jealous of them!

ALBEDO LIVED IN constant fear of his powers going out of control. Since he was a creation of alchemy, the powers he had been endowed with were always in danger of overloading. He tried his best to keep them in check, not using any elemental attacks unless he had to, but even then, he felt the fire of his powers getting stronger and stronger in his heart. If he didn't stop it from going up, they would totally dominate him, take his body over, and make him attack the entire city of Mondstadt. And he would hate to attack the place he lived in and loved very much.

One day, you were doing your commissions like a normal adventurer would. They were easy for the most part, but the last one had you fighting a Ruin Guard. And those things were SCARY. They could crush an adult with a single smack of their hands. They were not to be underestimated. Even though you had pyro powers, and you should be able to melt their wood exterior relatively easily, for some reason, it still took you forever to fight Ruin Guards. Because of this, you tended to stay away from fighting them unless it was totally necessary.

You decided to go to the Knights of Favonius headquarters to ask Albedo if he would help you to fight the Ruin Guard. Albedo was a very strong and competent fighter, and sometimes you were jealous of his abilities. You knew that his powers were very dangerous, and that if he used them too much, they would overload, and he would go out of control and attack and probably kill everyone he loved. So he didn't fight much, just stayed inside his lab working on various potions and inventions that he wouldn't even go outside to test, but send his assistant Sucrose out to test. He was antisocial, and didn't enjoy forming friendships with people, calling them a waste of time and energy.

Somehow, you had managed to make his cold, distant heart warm. You didn't know how, but some part of you had made Albedo forever attracted to you. Because he didn't know how to express his attraction and love for you, you tended to stay away from him, so that he didn't feel forced to display his affection, which was something he was uncomfortable doing. It hurt you to stay away, and he knew it, but he didn't have the confidence- or didn't even have the words- to speak out against it. This made your relationship a little rocky, but you knew that he would help you to fight a Ruin Guard or any other more menacing enemy if you asked him.

You knocked at the door of his lab, and Sucrose answered. She had been his assistant since he had first started alchemy, and you knew that she had a great admiration for him. She was a very cute young woman, with mint-green hair and fluffy ears that would wiggle when she would walk. You got jealous when you thought of the things Albedo and her could do behind closed doors that you wouldn't see, even though you knew that the shy, modest assistant wouldn't dare to even touch Albedo without your permission. She knew that he was taken, and she wouldn't interfere with your relationship.

"Hello," she said in her usual quiet tone. "Master Albedo is busy doing tests on a new medicine today. Do you want me to deliver a message to him?"

"I wanted to ask him if he would help me fight a Ruin Guard. With his superior strength and power, it would help me out a lot, and it wouldn't take very long at all," you told the young woman.

She gave you a nod and said, "I'll go ask him if he's willing to go," then rushed off.

She returned five minutes later with Albedo by her side. His light brown hair (idk whether to call it light brown or blonde to be honest) was messy, and his blue eyes wouldn't meet yours, just flitted around looking at objects in the room. This was a sign that he was flustered by seeing you, and this happened often. You didn't mind it when he didn't make eye contact with you- you knew that it wasn't normal, but then again, your relationship with him was far from normal.