✧Wei Ying- Healing✧

A/N- This chapter is based around episode 10 (or 11, i cant remember exactly) when Wei Ying is thrown into the dungeon with the huge dog and has a pretty bad time there, except this time I'm going to put you into the story. So in this story you're a member of the Wen clan, but a nice one like Wen Ning or Wen Qing (the two sweet siblings.) Also that fanart is impeccable as usual.

EVER SINCE THAT Wei Wuxian boy was put in the dungeons, you could hear him screaming. It was seriously distracting, and hurt you to hear. From your friend Wen Qing, you had learned that Wei Wuxian was terrified of dogs from a past childhood experience, so you could tell that this torture was actually torturing him, and not just a playful game like Wen Chao usually played with his prisoners. You knew you shouldn't feel this way, but your heart went out for the poor young man. Facing your fear up close and personal is never fun, especially when your fear can hurt you physically and its hard for you to escape it.

You went to Wen Qing and asked for medicine to treat any wounds Wei Wuxian might have, but, to your surprise, she vehemently refused to give him any assistance. This confused you, since you knew that Wen Qing and Wei Wuxian were good friends. Why wouldn't she want to help her friend?

But then she showed you the wounds she had from Wen Ruohan punishing her, and you understood perfectly. If she helped, she or her brother would surely die at the hands of his foolish and cruel majesty. So she could do nothing to help, for fear of her life.

Wen Ning, however, was willing to help. He came to your room under cover of night and brought his sister's medicines with him. As soon as you saw him, you had second thoughts about sending him, but then he told you how much he liked Wei Wuxian and how he would gladly give his life for the young man, so you let him go with a warning to be careful and return to Wen Qing's room quickly. You also said that you would take the fall if she, or more seriously, Wen Ruohan, figured out that you had treated the wounds of a prisoner. He, in turn, also warned you to be careful and told you that you were noble and kind. Those words were unnecessary, you knew. He said them to motivate you, and he succeeded.

As soon as Wen Ning had disappeared down the hallway, you raced over to the dungeon, never looking back behind you, but always holding your head high and looking straight ahead, until you reached the thick door that blocked the way in to the room Wuxian was in. You slipped a key out from inside your sleeve and used it to unlock the door, then locked yourself in so that nobody would suspect that the door had been tampered with.

A pale, slender, trembling young man lay against the wall, his unkempt hair flopping against his face. He had blood staining his hands and his neck, and he had a wound in his chest. When he saw you, he gasped and pushed himself away, trying to go as fast as he could with his tied up arms and ankles. He ended up rolling over right onto the injured side of his chest and he began to sob.

"D-don't h-hurt m-me," he whimpered in a weak voice.

"I won't hurt you, Wei Wuxian. I'm here with medicine to treat you," you said.

That seemed to soothe him for the moment. He pushed himself over to you and gave you a big friendly smile.

But then the dog saw him moving, and charged forward at him. And he was back into stress mode.

"N-n-no! G-g-go away!" he cried out, choking on the dryness in his throat. He had crossed his arms over his face to block it from being injured, but if the dog attacked his wrists or upper arms, its sharp claws could sever an artery, so shoving his arms up to block his face was not the greatest idea.

The dog stopped right in front of him and scratched him lightly on the forearm, as if to taunt him. When he felt the dog's claws touch him, Wuxian screamed like an insane person and began to writhe on the ground.