Chapter 28

I felt broken. Like a broken tea cup. Just tossed onto the ground. To break. I'm broken. My best friend is dead. Right in front of me. I could've saved her. It's all my fault. I'm just a stupid broken tea cup. Just like all the little broken tea cups. I can't be fixed.

***

"Amelia!" I scream on the top of my lungs, shooting forward on the bed. I was in our bedroom; Austin now wide awake, trembling on the floor, and Derek still sobbing in the corner.

"A-Abigail..." Austin stands slowly, sitting next to me. He rested his hand onto mine, ignoring the fact that they were trembling in fear.

I look over at him slowly, tears running down my cheeks. I was gasping for breath. It was another nightmare.

"I-Is A-Amelia okay?" I whimper.

"Abigail... Kyle hung her... He left her in the tree..."

Derek bursts into sobs again, rocking back and forth.

It was just the three of us now.

No one to make us laugh.

I lower my head and start crying again. Pain ached in my stomach as they babies kicked. They don't even have an Aunt Amelia anymore.

"Come here..." Austin wrapped his arms around me, swaying our bodies back and forth on the bed.

"It should've b-been me..." I cry, my voice breaking.

"No... Don't ever say that..."

"It's true. Mel would be okay..."

"Mel?"

I look down, not answering him. Then I remembered something.

Charlotte.

"Charlie..."

"What?" Austin looks at me.

"What will Charlie say..."

I found myself pacing the bedroom, running my fingers through my hair. I was wheezing and crying. My body hurt. The babies were getting on my nerves with the kicking.

I just want to die.

The door suddenly swung open, Kyle standing there, his bloody fists clenched. "Wesley," he growled, looking at me. "Come here..."

"N-No please... Don't take her..." Derek whispers, looking up from his knees. His eyes looked sad and hurt.

"I'll be okay..." I look up at Kyle and walk out with him. Kyle shoves me away from the room and as I stumble I hear Kyle lock the door back.

He grabs me by my hair and drags me down the stairs, to the room where Derek raped me in.

Inside, Fredrick and Bree were dead on the ground. A bullet went through Bree's forehead. One bullet went through Fredrick's leg, another in his chest.

I wanted to fall over and vomit.

"This is what your little friend did..." Kyle hisses, holding onto me tightly.

I didn't say anything, just kept my head lowered.

"You should be punished..." Kyle snarled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I shrug him off, backing away from Kyle. He just follows me before I feel something blocking the way behind me.

"Henry, get the boys, we're gonna have a little fun," Kyle laughs.

I turned towards Henry and latch onto his back. He shrieks and falls on the ground. I wrap my hands around his throat, pressing my thumb to the exact point where his breath came from.

Henry's face turns bright red, gasping for breath. Tears ran down my cheeks, waiting for him to go unconscious.

"Come on Henry! You can't get some 22 year old girl off of you?" Kyle laughs.

He was wanting Henry to defend himself.

I move my fingers from his neck, breathing heavy. I start punching him over and over in the face. He was starting to push me off. Henry already had a bloody nose and his eye was swollen shut.

Kyle sighed behind me. "I have to do everything myself,"

I look over at him right as he raised his gun towards me. His finger rested on the trigger and suddenly he pushed down on it.

BANG!

Pain rushed through my left shoulder, making me shriek, falling off of Henry. The world started to spin, tears running down my face.

"Henry, get up and take her to the basement, I'll get the boys,"

I closed my eyes as Henry picked me up in his arms.

"I'm sorry Abigail..." he whispered right as I went unconscious.

I'm sorry Abigail.