nine

TRIGGER WARNING: // small scene of attempted s*xual assault halfway through chapter. please be cautious.

Daniel being in charge was the worst decision Kyle had made all day. With another errand to run, Kyle left Abigail and Elliot alone with Daniel. Abigail sat on the couch, her eyes following Daniel as he paced back and forth in the living room, smiling to himself.

"P—Please let me go upstairs," Abigail pulled her knees against her chest, her voice shaky. "I need to check on Elliot."

Daniel paused, standing in front of Abigail with a threatening look in his eyes. Abigail's heart began pounding louder, shrinking back into the couch. "You can see her later, I want to at least play first."

Daniel grabbed Abigail by her right ankle, pulling her from the couch with one swift movement. Her head slammed against the hardwood floor, her vision becoming blurry momentarily. Not seeming to notice, Daniel dragged Abigail through the kitchen and down the hallway to a closed door. He turned the doorknob and pushed open the door with a loud squeak, walking himself and Abigail inside.

The only source of light in the room was the sun through the single window, revealing Kyle's bedroom. The walls were grey and dusty, along with the wooden floors. Only a bed, dresser, an old television, and a rocking chair were in the bedroom. Daniel lifted Abigail and threw her against the bed, smiling down at her as he shut and locked the door.

Abigail crawled towards the head of the bed, pressing her back against the wall as tears formed in her eyes. "Don't cry baby," Daniel smirked, approaching towards Abigail. "It makes your eyes all ugly and red."

As Daniel reached towards Abigail's face, she kicked him as hard as she could in the stomach, sending him to stumble backwards. She scurried off the bed and towards the door, trying to turn the lock before Daniel regained his strength. As her trembling fingers finally opened the door, Abigail felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her torso, before slamming her against the floor.

She cried out in pain, her body aching as she couldn't muster enough strength to stand up. Daniel ran from the bedroom, returning seconds later with pieces of rope in his hands. He bent down and scooped Abigail in his arms, laying her on the bed once more.

He grabbed one of the pieces of rope and Abigail's hand, tying the rope tightly around her wrist and the bed frame. Daniel did the same with her other wrist, muttering curse words underneath his breath as he worked. Abigail tried to pull at her restraints, ignoring the itching rope digging into her skin.

"D—Daniel please! Just let me go upstairs! Let me go!" Abigail pulled at the ropes again, her fists clenched. Daniel only smiled, standing at the edge of the bed and holding down Abigail's thrashing legs.

// START OF POSSIBLE TRIGGERING SCENE //

"Kyle always gets to do things with you, and now it's my turn." Daniel stood in front of Abigail, slowly removing his belt from the pant loops.

Abigail began to hyperventilate, pulling at the ropes as hard as she could. Blood was running down her arms from her wrists, the rope cutting more into her skin.

"Just embrace it, baby," Daniel chuckled, pulling his red t-shirt over his head. "You know you want it."

Daniel began to crawl on the bed towards Abigail, his face twisted into a smile. As he leaned towards Abigail's face, she raised her leg and kicked him in the crotch, then head butted him in the nose. Daniel yelled in surprise, his face turning red.

He leaned backwards on his knees, holding his area in his hands in pain. Abigail pulled her legs close to her body, breathing heavily with tears running down her cheeks. "You want to play it the hard way?" Daniel hissed, rising to his feet. "I will play the hard way."

// END OF POSSIBLE TRIGGERING SCENE //

Daniel left the room, slamming the door behind him. Abigail began picking at the rope around her wrist with her teeth, her heart pounding in her head. She didn't know when Daniel would be back, she knew she had to hurry.

Abigail finally managed to untie one wrist and began loosening the other with her trembling fingers as fast as she could. Before she could finish untying her wrist, the door opened again and Daniel stormed inside with a knife. His face was blood red, his veins popping out in his arms.

"What the fuck are you trying to do little bitch?" Daniel yelled, running towards Abigail from across the room. At the last second, she untied her wrist and kicked out her foot against Daniel's nose.

He fell backwards on his back, holding the knife tightly in his right hand. Abigail sprinted from the bedroom, breathing loudly and irregular. She felt Daniel grab her wrist and the blade cut across her hand, a shock of pain erupting through her body.

Abigail screamed as blood oozed from the palm of her hand, backing away from Daniel. From upstairs, Abigail could hear Elliot yelling her name, banging on the bedroom door. Daniel cornered Abigail in the living room, running towards her at full speed with the knife pointing towards her.

At the last second, Abigail ducked and pulled Daniel's leg from underneath him. He fell backwards against the floor, the knife falling from his grasp and towards Abigail. She reached forward and grabbed the knife, pointing the blade at Daniel.

"Come on now Abigail," Daniel chuckled, holding out his hand. "Hand over the knife, don't make this harder than—."

Abigail screamed on the top of her lungs and stabbed Daniel in the heart, pushing him against the floor with her foot. Blood gushed from his wound, soaking his shirt and the floor around him. Daniel's eyes were open, staring towards Abigail as she stumbled backwards in horror, her hand clamped over her mouth.

She had just murdered someone.

Edited ; July 09, 2018